Music Festivals

View attachment 3302

holy shit.

and lol at that last line.
Immidiatley bought 3 day passes to this when I saw the lineup. This will be I think my 7th Riot Fest, and the fest holds a special place in my girlfriend's and my heart, since it is the place we first met 5 years ago. We first started talking in the crowd of The Front Bottoms, and later split up and met up again in the crowd of Modern Baseball. Spent the rest of the day together with my good friend Tony and her smoking through the 20 joints we brought and getting to know each other to The Cure and Weezer. This year is not only the 15th Riot Fest but it will mark 5 years since that year where we met.
Wasn't necessarily planning on going since our friends convinced us to travel across the country for The Fest 18 but after I saw Riot Fest's lineup I knew we were gonna have to do both. For those unfamiliar with The Ergs, they have been one of my biggest bucketlist bands of all time, and they just announced a very small reunion tour for the 15th anniversary of one of my favorite albums ever, "dorkrockcorkrod", and I have been losing my shit over this all week. Fastest $160 I've ever dropped I think, pretty much a no brainer, I'd pay that to see The Ergs by themselves.
So anyways, this was a longer post than expected. I'll post The Fest 18 lineup below, and if you'll be there in Gainesville or Chicago for either one let me know, i'd love to meet you!

fest-18-610x610.jpg

Immidiatley bought 3 day passes to this when I saw the lineup. This will be I think my 7th Riot Fest, and the fest holds a special place in my girlfriend's and my heart, since it is the place we first met 5 years ago. We first started talking in the crowd of The Front Bottoms, and later split up and met up again in the crowd of Modern Baseball. Spent the rest of the day together with my good friend Tony and her smoking through the 20 joints we brought and getting to know each other to The Cure and Weezer. This year is not only the 15th Riot Fest but it will mark 5 years since that year where we met.
Wasn't necessarily planning on going since our friends convinced us to travel across the country for The Fest 18 but after I saw Riot Fest's lineup I knew we were gonna have to do both. For those unfamiliar with The Ergs, they have been one of my biggest bucketlist bands of all time, and they just announced a very small reunion tour for the 15th anniversary of one of my favorite albums ever, "dorkrockcorkrod", and I have been losing my shit over this all week. Fastest $160 I've ever dropped I think, pretty much a no brainer, I'd pay that to see The Ergs by themselves.
So anyways, this was a longer post than expected. I'll post The Fest 18 lineup below, and if you'll be there in Gainesville or Chicago for either one let me know, i'd love to meet you!
I fucking love The Ergs! they're so low on that bill IMO. I don't recall the last time they've played a show, it's been a while.

I've been to Riot Fest in 13 and 14 because I have a friend in Chicago. This is the first year that has me seriously thinking about going again. I'm most likely not going to but this lineup is fantastic.

Damn, didn't see this until today. I was in town just for yesterday
yesterday was a mess, to say the least. although oddly fun in the afternoon for those working.

in LGA about to head home for a week before turning around for Bonnaroo. if @AndySlash or anyone else making it out to the farm wants to try and link, give me a shout!

Back