Music Festivals

So. Cal fam, get excited! Haven't been this stoked for a festival announcement in awhile. I really hope they don't change the formula because they're transporting it to LA...

I'm actually considering skipping Coachella next year (and I've been going for 15 years) to do this one instead. I'm not super fond of the venue though. And first year festivals always have a lot of logistical issues.

So. Cal fam, get excited! Haven't been this stoked for a festival announcement in awhile. I really hope they don't change the formula because they're transporting it to LA...

Oh I'm excited... I'll be buying those pre-sale tickets 15 months in advance this Friday. For my tastes, Primavera has the best - or nearly the best - lineup of any festival year in year out, so I'm expecting them to keep that up for this US iteration. Really glad they're not trying to do it around the Colosseum like FYF Fest too.

Oh I'm excited... I'll be buying those pre-sale tickets 15 months in advance this Friday. For my tastes, Primavera has the best - or nearly the best - lineup of any festival year in year out, so I'm expecting them to keep that up for this US iteration. Really glad they're not trying to do it around the Colosseum like FYF Fest too.

It's at the historic park though which is where they used to do FYF, for a few years anyway. That is a small, boring venue. I always hated it for FYF. The Colosseum/Expo Park was much better in my opinion.

It's at the historic park though which is where they used to do FYF, for a few years anyway. That is a small, boring venue. I always hated it for FYF. The Colosseum/Expo Park was much better in my opinion.
I actually kind of liked the vibe there when I went to FYF. Felt more festival-y in a way maybe because it’s more secluded than the Colosseum setup. I wasn’t a huge fan of that. Plus they’ve remodeled that park since the last time FYF was there. Looks a lot nicer.

I actually kind of liked the vibe there when I went to FYF. Felt more festival-y in a way maybe because it’s more secluded than the Colosseum setup. I wasn’t a huge fan of that. Plus they’ve remodeled that park since the last time FYF was there. Looks a lot nicer.

Yeah. They were redoing it for several years. I haven't been there since. I just didn't think it was very big of an area for 3-4 stages, plus food and all the festival-goers. I'm spoiled by Coachella though which is massive in terms of acreage. I think they're up 8 or 9 stages going at once and there's hardly any sound bleed from one to another.

Has there been any announcement on ticket prices or if there will be payment plans available?

Has there been any announcement on ticket prices or if there will be payment plans available?
Haven't seen that info. I just know it's supposed to go on sale Friday. I would think (hope) there would be some kind of payment plan. Seems like more and more festivals are going to that model.

I think it's really early to be selling tickets for a brand new festival with no announced acts (even with the Primavera Sound name behind it), so maybe they'll have more information on Friday.

Don't they have an amazingly huge fan base?
I guess so. it’s hard in my mind to see them as little more than a one hit wonder. but according to spotify, they have ~8.6 MILLION monthly listeners. strangely, though, Tyler the Creator has almost double that and is the other headliner and is listed right below The Lumineers on the lineup poster. so who knows how these things are determined.

I see they also headlined Hangout Fest last month, so I just may be out of touch in those regards.

Last edited:
I guess so. it’s hard in my mind to see them as little more than a one hit wonder. but according to spotify, they have ~8.6 monthly listeners. strangely, though, Tyler the Creator has almost double that and is the other headliner and is listed right below The Lumineers on the lineup poster. so who knows how these things are determined.

I see they also headlined Hangout Fest last month, so I just may be out of touch in those regards.

8.6 people? 😉

8.6 people? 😉
giphy.gif

Back