Music Festivals

They are putting together one nice lineup so far. I'm in on almost all of these bands

Yeah. It looks great. It looked great before, but Dungen just might put me over the top. I'm gonna check with my friend who they stay with in Atlanta, when they come through, and see if she'll be there.

I took this at Pickathon a couple years back. They did that live score to Prince Achmed and it was nuts.

2019-06-08_02-17-22.jpg

Coachella presale this Friday... For the first time in 15 years, I'm not sure if we're actually going or not

I thought I could skip this year after seven straight years, and regretted it immensely. Learn from my mistake.

My wife is apparently over it. I'd consider going without her but that means that I'd also be going alone, and I don't know if I'd even enjoy it as much.

That's also a possibility 😂

I'll tell you a little story about how I enjoyed a festival by myself.

Back in 2012, I was approved to cover the Sasquatch! Festival, but I only had one pass and my son was still only about 7 months old. I was thinking about bailing on it. Instead, I went out there myself for 4 days in the heat. When I was hungry, I ate something. When I didn't feel like watching some bullshit set, I left and went to whatever I wanted to. I never had to compromise or meet up with anyone or do anything. It was actually pretty alright.

I'll tell you a little story about how I enjoyed a festival by myself.

Back in 2012, I was approved to cover the Sasquatch! Festival, but I only had one pass and my son was still only about 7 months old. I was thinking about bailing on it. Instead, I went out there myself for 4 days in the heat. When I was hungry, I ate something. When I didn't feel like watching some bullshit set, I left and went to whatever I wanted to. I never had to compromise or meet up with anyone or do anything. It was actually pretty alright.

My first Coachella ever was in 2003 and I went by myself. Of course back then you could get single day tickets so I only went to one of the two days. And since I lived in Huntington Beach at the time, I just drove down for the day and came back after. When Veronica and I go now, we're down there for at least 5 days. I'd at least have to get a hotel for myself and see what kind of car I could rent or borrow ... It would be weird to do it alone but we'd definitely save money.

My first Coachella ever was in 2003 and I went by myself. Of course back then you could get single day tickets so I only went to one of the two days. And since I lived in Huntington Beach at the time, I just drove down for the day and came back after. When Veronica and I go now, we're down there for at least 5 days. I'd at least have to get a hotel for myself and see what kind of car I could rent or borrow ... It would be weird to do it alone but we'd definitely save money.

I camped. Big difference

Good lord. A full priced 2-day admission to the Pilgrimage Fest in TN is $210. I consider that...I don’t know. A little pricey for a 2-day fest with no on-site accommodations. Not completely crazy, but pricey.

A single day of VIP is $675. That’s...insane for a fest of this size, isn’t it? It feels insane. Maybe that’s just what the Nashville aristo market will bear.

The daddy of all festivals, Glastonbury, opened its gates yesterday morning and the music will get going tomorrow. I’ll be watching avidly on the tele and hoping that someday I’ll be back again 😀

Back