Movies

I’ve seen them all and Malkovich was still somehow the wildest.

Love Kaufman.
I think Malkovich was my first Kaufman either that or Eternal Spotlight. They are all bonkers (in the best way possible) I think Adaptation is my favorite (because: Cage) I would have a tough time ranking them on surrealism though they are all just so out there like if you described the plot to any of them I think they would all sound like someone describing a dream.

I hated Anomalisa more than any movie I’ve seen in the past 5 years.

Adaptation rips though.
LOL, there was a reason I didn’t include it.

Gotta throw my hat in as well. I appreciated the idea behind it and the themes it explored, and I was really glad to see some independent animation on the big screen. But the middle-aged white-male malaise...even as someone going through that experience, my thought was "oh boo hoo for you."

The ending with the weird sex robot leaking gross fluid in the entry room kinda redeemed the whole thing because it felt like the movie was saying it was correct to think the protagonist was a bit narrowsighted about his own problems and the people around him.

Tom Noonan, though. No choice but to stan.

Gotta throw my hat in as well. I appreciated the idea behind it and the themes it explored, and I was really glad to see some independent animation on the big screen. But the middle-aged white-male malaise...even as someone going through that experience, my thought was "oh boo hoo for you."

The ending with the weird sex robot leaking gross fluid in the entry room kinda redeemed the whole thing because it felt like the movie was saying it was correct to think the protagonist was a bit narrowsighted about his own problems and the people around him.

Tom Noonan, though. No choice but to stan.

Something about it also felt extremely misogynistic

Back