Movies

I partially agree with you, as those wheat field shots are something to behold. Nothing beats the treehouse sequence in Badlands though. So you'd rank A Thin Red Line and The New World above The Tree of Life?
Yes, I love The Thin Red Line and the full extended cut of The New World is actually pretty great. Although I think I would need to rewatch Tree Of Life to be certain of the rankings.

Yes, I love The Thin Red Line and the full extended cut of The New World is actually pretty great. Although I think I would need to rewatch Tree Of Life to be certain of the rankings.

Hot take - The Tree of Life was a transformative experience. Lot's of eye sweating.

It’s happeningggggg

This is definitely a movie I won't believe exists until it's in front of my eyes.

Saw John Wick 3 earlier this week.

I mean, how can you spoil "He kills everyone"?

Kinda wished I'd seen it in a more packed theater. Mine was half-full, but everyone was pretty into it, which was fun. Everyone clapped when he killed the huge guy with a library book, then re-shelved the book. It reminded me of Arrested Development, when Lucille beats Kitty in a drinking contest, then gets up to go back to rehab and some guy offscreen shouts "She's going back to rehab!!" I wanted that guy in my theater, shouting "he put the book back per Dewey regulations!!"

I don't quite get the ending with Ian McShane; I couldn't really tell if he shot John because he had to and knew John would live, or if he truly was selling John out to stay ahead of the (frankly chaotic when it isn't being bureaucratically stuffed with rules) League or Council or whatever they call themselves.

But the last line was soooo good. Will I be para bellum in 2021? Yeah.

It’s happeningggggg

Wish it wasn't.

What are y'alls thoughts on the upcoming Elton John film? The trailers I've seen have given me a decent amount of hope, but then I remember how much I haaaated Bohemian Rhapsody and I get cautious again lol.

Also, saw Brightburn yesterday and it was... fine. Not terrible, but leave your expectations at the door if you don't want to be disappointed. Can't imagine it's a movie I'll ever feel the need to watch again but I didn't hate myself while watching it, so that's like a C- on my grading scale :p

Watched Wine Country tonight. Not a perfect comedy or anything, but mostly perfectly pleasant and sometimes really funny. Just wish they didn’t heed to the standard comedy movie structure of plot (keeping it vague here). But it’s silly to complain about the movie when as a whole it’s perfectly fine.

Watched Wine Country tonight. Not a perfect comedy or anything, but mostly perfectly pleasant and sometimes really funny. Just wish they didn’t heed to the standard comedy movie structure of plot (keeping it vague here). But it’s silly to complain about the movie when as a whole it’s perfectly fine.
I really enjoyed it. Good to see so many awesome women comedians being funny.

What are y'alls thoughts on the upcoming Elton John film? The trailers I've seen have given me a decent amount of hope, but then I remember how much I haaaated Bohemian Rhapsody and I get cautious again lol.
I’m excited for Rocketman in a way I wasn’t for Bohemian Rhapsody and I think that may be due to the more surreal elements present in the first trailer. It looks like a mix between a standard biopic and “Across the Universe” I’m still optimistically cautious thoug.

I also saw Booksmart this weekend. Pretty solid comedy. I generally enjoy coming of age movies, and this one doesn’t disappoint. Though it’s much more comedy-focused, which is a very good thing. I see so many comedies that don’t actively make me laugh, but this one did. That said, there are maybe a few things I found...a bit much. Some of the supporting cast (the younger cast) didn’t do much for me. And a few of the dirtier jokes don’t land. But overall, it’s one of the better comedies I’ve seen lately.

Also, saw Brightburn yesterday and it was... fine. Not terrible, but leave your expectations at the door if you don't want to be disappointed. Can't imagine it's a movie I'll ever feel the need to watch again but I didn't hate myself while watching it, so that's like a C- on my grading scale :p
Can't be worse than Bohemian Rhapsody.

Back