Movies

I’m just gonna say it. Bogus Journey sucked and it still sucks. Doesn’t mean I’m not excited about a new Bill & Ted tho. 🤷‍♀️
death-gif.gif

I’m just gonna say it. Bogus Journey sucked and it still sucks. Doesn’t mean I’m not excited about a new Bill & Ted tho. 🤷‍♀️

I probably haven't seen it since it came out but I remember enjoying it quite a bit. Maybe more than the original. Plus, it has Jim Martin from Faith No More in it (as himself) and they have a song on the soundtrack.

If even just for the sheer audacity of being a sequel that doesn’t try to repeat anything that made the original good, I love it. Also I dare you to find a dumber movie with a more deft Ingmar Bergman riff.

I don't know what that means! I guess I could Google...

Steelbooks are basically collectible cases for movies and video games. In the US, Best Buy is the biggest retailer for steelbooks. They are limited edition and collectible. Some steelbooks go for big bucks on the after market due to them being so limited. The only downside to them imo is the fact that, because they are metal, they can get scratches easily. I buy steelbook protectors for mine. Also, I mostly collect 4k steelbooks and mostly buy 4k movies. Not all movies are available in steelbook btw. The appeal of them, for me, is the artwork.

34E8C4D4-C035-4AB9-AB25-726F2044D892.jpeg90186B5C-4D39-451D-94E3-1E1D03BE2B20.jpeg5B2EE458-913B-4E3E-ADF4-AA792A448A97.jpegACA5006D-733F-41CE-9E8C-A6BC9DB2D5D7.jpeg

Last edited:
Steelbooks are basically collectible cases for movies and video games. In the US, Best Buy is the biggest retailer for steelbooks. They are limited edition and collectible. Some steelbooks go for big bucks on the after market due to them being so limited. The only downside to them imo is the fact that, because they are metal, they can get scratches easily. I buy steelbook protectors for mine. Also, I mostly collect 4k steelbooks and mostly buy 4k movies. Not all movies are available in steelbook btw. The appeal of them, for me, is the artwork.

View attachment 4726View attachment 4727View attachment 4728View attachment 4729
Coooool. Thank you for describing! I am absolutely susceptible to their appeal.

Coooool. Thank you for describing! I am absolutely susceptible to their appeal.

I’m addicted to them. Collecting vinyl and cassette tapes are my first hobby followed by steelbooks. When I buy physical copies of movies i’m always looking for the steelbook version. Here’s a list of what best buy has in stock and what’s coming soon. I just preordered the Captain Marvel steelbook. MCU steelbooks sell out pretty fast and can get costly once sold out.

This is a good link for upcoming steelbooks and steelbooks that have already been released in 2019.

My husband wanted to watch Bogus Journey the other day and I was in agony. He likes it. Oh well. Husbands can’t be perfect. ;)
I found out not too long ago that my best friend had never seen either movie in its entirety. I have them both on Blu Ray so another friend and I made him watch them back to back. They have very different tones. The first one being a typical peak 80's adventure comedy, the second one leaning more 90's surrealist. The Hell scenes scared the crap out of me when I was a kid... and what was up with STATION?

I still love both movies, but the feeling I got in my jellies at the end of Bogus Journey when Bill and Ted come back from actually learning how to play guitar... I still get it every time I hear Steve Vai's intro to God Gave Rock and Roll To You. It was the perfect ending.

I'm incredibly interested on how they reconcile all the little bits of press at the end with the new movie, or if they'll ignore any of it. Like... Will Death still be hanging out with them? Did STATION go back to heaven? Their kids would be what... 28 now?

I hope they get Ringo Starr to play Rufus as an homage to Thomas the Tank Engine.

Back