Movies

Not able to watch tonight but following online, but since when do they announce Best Picture before best actor/actress?
never than I can remember. My SO thought that maybe they did it so they could give Chadwick Boseman a nice send off but with Hopkins winning and no acceptance speech the whole thing was pretty anticlimactic.

Last edited:
Fran and Anthony. Franthony. #OscarsSoWhite that they think giving the supporting awards to POC will get them off the hook.

Anthony Hopkins by most accounts turned in a masterclass. I’m not getting mad at that (Chadwick was electric in Ma Rainey but it wasn’t a no brainer win, I though Riz was better), but that risk was baddddddd.

Best Director also seemed much earlier than normal, right?
Director happened 1 hour into the show..and then Best Picture happened early. Zhao's historic moment got dimished by a failed attempt to end the show with a Boseman tribute.

I'd say it was the biggest Oscar blunder ever, but there was that time La La Land won Best Picture.

Hopkins absolutely deserved it IMHO, but switching the categories around to bank on finishing on a posthumous Chadwick win was a HUGE fuck up and deflates his win, Frances' and Nomadland's, what the fuck were u thinking Steve.
Steve was the Director sure, but do you think he really had a say in the order the awards were doled out? Seems like an Academy fuck up to me.

Steve was the Director sure, but do you think he really had a say in the order the awards were doled out? Seems like an Academy fuck up to me.
I imagine he did make the call, but if not whoever did needs a paddling, you ALWAYS PUT BEST PICTURE LAST DUMMIES.

Now Anthony Hopkins is going to get vitriol for this, despite the fact that it was probably the best performance of his career and he doesn't even care. If Nomadland won last like it should have, it would have been sooo much less awkward.

I imagine he did make the call, but if not whoever did needs a paddling, you ALWAYS PUT BEST PICTURE LAST DUMMIES.

Now Anthony Hopkins is going to get vitriol for this, despite the fact that it was probably the best performance of his career and he doesn't even care. If Nomadland won last like it should have, it would have been sooo much less awkward.
I think it wouldn’t even be nearly as big of a deal had Academy played it straight and not leaned so hard into the Chadwick Boseman tribute. You can kinda see why they did as Boseman, I am fairly certain; won every other Best Actor award this year but still... They gave out Boseman NTF’s in the swag bags this year for god sake.

Back