MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Last edited:
any first impressions?
So, I want to run the MP500 for a while longer as it had less than 20 hrs on it when I got it. And the Master Tracker I used for approx 30-40 hrs.

My initial thought is that the MP500 is staying put. Without getting too into the weeds here, the sound is more alive, more vivid and both the top and bottom ends are more to my liking on the MP500 than the Master Tracker which seemed to be a little rolled off in my system on the top end and less taut on the low end.

We’ll see how it plays out but glad I have the option.

Last edited:
Ah this is Interesting...this review claims a Ultratracker cartridge and it is dark with white lettering. This is the first time, other than my situation that I've potentially seen that (reference 1372).
very interesting

how does it feel being aproved by john darko

we’ve always known, Dukey

Last edited:
we’ve always known, Dukey
If I had an “insurance event” and had to replace my VPI Traveler, the Ultradeck would be my choice versus a Technics. I believe Matt at VPI correctly predicted the market for such a turntable with the Traveler, but was probably a few years ahead of the market peak.

By the time the Traveler was discontinued, the lane was wide open for MoFi to dominate. The Studiodeck is a superior American-made deck, IMO, to the VPI Cliffwood, which superseded the better Traveler.

ATTN Grado Folks: Do you all have pretty noticeable IGD with your carts on your UDs? Seems the internet is saying Grados are notorious for their IGD, any fixes to try? Anti-skate?

ATTN Grado Folks: Do you all have pretty noticeable IGD with your carts on your UDs? Seems the internet is saying Grados are notorious for their IGD, any fixes to try? Anti-skate?
I’ve had no issues. Grados are very polarizing. The “hate” camp finds any reason (real or imagined) to dump on them.

Back