MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Are you using a mat on the platter causing the spindle to be shorter? Otherwise not sure how this is happening?
I did. But i removed the mat so its just the platter now. Still the same issue. So i have no idea why its happening. And if i place it directly on the platter / spindel without a record it fits perfect. No wobble..

Last edited:
I did. But i removed the mat so its just the platter now. Still the same issue. So i have no idea why its happening. And if i place it directly on the platter / spindel without a record it fits perfect. No wobble..
I may be wrong but didn’t anybody suggested the spindle can be screwed down?

It can be, but if it were loose, wouldn't it be taller?
I recall someone else having issues with a weight, maybe a month or two ago.
Exactly, and prevent the weight to go all the way down, flushed again the record. Isn’t it the problem?

It can be, but if it were loose, wouldn't it be taller?

Exactly, and prevent the weight to go all the way down, flushed again the record. Isn’t it the problem?
Yep, but the spindel is tight on the platter. Not loose . The issue is with 180/200gr records. Lighter records no issue.

I’m confused. So without a platter mat, the weight touches the album if you are playing standard albums, but doesn’t touch the album when playing a 180/200g album? I can’t fathom how this could possibly happen.

If you’re saying that the weight doesn’t “grab” the spindle like it does with thinner albums, I guess I understand and agree. But it will always sit there and it will always touch the album.

I’m confused. So without a platter mat, the weight touches the album if you are playing standard albums, but doesn’t touch the album when playing a 180/200g album? I can’t fathom how this could possibly happen.

If you’re saying that the weight doesn’t “grab” the spindle like it does with thinner albums, I guess I understand and agree. But it will always sit there and it will always touch the album.

1.not using a mat
2. The weight sits level and flat without a record on the platter. As well with 120/140gr records.
3. With 180/200gr records, the record weight does touch the album, slightly but wobbles. Does not have full contact tho, therefore wobbles.
So i cant fathom it either..

So, light records =full contact with the record.
Heavy records = less contact, gap between the weight and the record, and it wobbles.

You have seemingly broken physics.. congrats!! lol.

I have nothing else to add.. just can't understand how this is physically possible.

Hope you get it figured out and can report on what the issue was.

Good luck!!

1.not using a mat
2. The weight sits level and flat without a record on the platter. As well with 120/140gr records.
3. With 180/200gr records, the record weight does touch the album, slightly but wobbles. Does not have full contact tho, therefore wobbles.
So i cant fathom it either..

So, light records =full contact with the record.
Heavy records = less contact, gap between the weight and the record, and it wobbles.
Just in case: Is it all 200g records or did you try with just one? Sometimes there is still shards around the spindle hole, that would prevent you weight to sit flush on the record and wobble.

Maybe if you could give us a shot of it with the 200 or 180 it would help us figure this out.

I don't have a Mofi weight, but have been scratching the itch of getting one. Previous owner gave me a weight with the table. The issue I have is it's not 100% true, or out of round. I don't think it affects anything other than my OCD and that the headshell bumps it right as the safety riser does its thing. It sits flat on any record from old Dynaflex records to 200g quiex records to records with tight and/or loose holes. I'd love to see how this gets resolved before getting more serious about getting one.

I'm with Slimwhit33, pics would help, video would be even better.

I went back and found the other post about a wobbling weight. There's a video posted of that user's issue. Doesn't look like it was resolved.
#1,277

I don't have a Mofi weight, but have been scratching the itch of getting one. Previous owner gave me a weight with the table. The issue I have is it's not 100% true, or out of round. I don't think it affects anything other than my OCD and that the headshell bumps it right as the safety riser does its thing. It sits flat on any record from old Dynaflex records to 200g quiex records to records with tight and/or loose holes. I'd love to see how this gets resolved before getting more serious about getting one.

I'm with Slimwhit33, pics would help, video would be even better.

I went back and found the other post about a wobbling weight. There's a video posted of that user's issue. Doesn't look like it was resolved.
#1,277
I missed that last set of discussions about this.. so strange..

Back