MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Nah. Just more intrigued by why its doing what its doing. But then ill just give the belt an extra push so it settles. Its is after all a manual turntable :)

Paging @HiFi Guy and all you other Ultradeck gurus. What would cause the below and how concerned should I be? I just moved across country but moved the record player myself with no incident. I packed it just like the instructions say. But, still...

Attachments

• IMG_5214.jpg
    IMG_5214.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 46
Paging @HiFi Guy and all you other Ultradeck gurus. What would cause the below and how concerned should I be? I just moved across country but moved the record player myself with no incident. I packed it just like the instructions say. But, still...
Looks like hydraulic fluid from the lift mechanism. I would clean it up and then be careful to manually lift for now. Contact mofi about a replacement part.

I guess with the oil on my turntable, now is a good time to ask how you all clean your table safely?

I like to remove the platter and belt and wipe down the plinth and platter with a damp microfiber cloth. The tone arm and the rest get a dusting with a makeup brush. Dust cover gets a dry microfiber cloth wipe down with a little foam glass cleaner.
Ideally I like to do this twice a month but sometimes it’s only once.

Looks like hydraulic fluid from the lift mechanism. I would clean it up and then be careful to manually lift for now. Contact mofi about a replacement part.
I had a lot of fluid like that leaking out prior to getting the arm replaced by MoFi. As VMPKJ and HiFiGuy have said, call MoFi.. they were great to deal with.

I had a lot of fluid like that leaking out prior to getting the arm replaced by MoFi. As VMPKJ and HiFiGuy have said, call MoFi.. they were great to deal with.
Everyone says that, but that has not been my experience. Maybe because I caught them in the middle of a warehouse move but they have been slow to respond to me and not attentive.

Everyone says that, but that has not been my experience. Maybe because I caught them in the middle of a warehouse move but they have been slow to respond to me and not attentive.
Sorry and surprised to hear that. Hopefully it gets fixed sooner rather than later.

I'm thinking of upgrading my pre-amp, as right now I've got a ART DJ Pre II, which is OK, but feel I'm due for an upgrade. My budget is under $500, any recommendations?

I'm considering these:
  • Lounge LCRMKIII MM
  • Rega Fono MM MK3

I'm thinking of upgrading my pre-amp, as right now I've got a ART DJ Pre II, which is OK, but feel I'm due for an upgrade. My budget is under $500, any recommendations?

I'm considering these:
  • Lounge LCRMKIII MM
  • Rega Fono MM MK3

Based upon the user feedback on here I’d definitely consider the Darlington Labs MM6 and MP7 in that range. There is a review thread on here that @HiFi Guy did of the MM6 and then there is a thread where they kindly donated one to be passed amongst members to trial. Those should give you a good idea.

I'm considering these:
  • Lounge LCRMKIII MM
  • Rega Fono MM MK3
Darlington Labs MM-6 is a great move. I’ve not heard the MM-7 yet.

Stay away from the Lounge. I’ve heard it long term, and it’s as boring as watching paint dry.

Interesting about the Darlington, looks like a good option. I don’t think I’ll ever need the mono option, but I might plunge for the CMC-850 plugs if the benefit is clear. Any thoughts?

Darlington Labs MM-6 is a great move. I’ve not heard the MM-7 yet.

Stay away from the Lounge. I’ve heard it long term, and it’s as boring as watching paint dry.
It’s pretty laid back, that is a hilarious synopsis, @HiFi Guy! Legit laughed out loud. I actually loved it with an Ort 2M Red because it mellowed out the brash so much!

Back