MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Hey all, I am new to the needles and groove forum but I appreciate reading some of the post so far and I have a MOFI ultra deck +M since October 22 of this year
I initially found this group by trying to look up the arm spindle to pivot distance for aligning the cartridge and information on cartridge alignment I have the master tracker and I don’t need to align my cartridge I’m just wanted to learn how to check to make sure everything looks good and I have that knowledge and skill for the future
also I’d like to give a huge shout out to the members that have been involved in forming the Facebook group and working with MOFI leader ship to at least try having one person monitor that group a little bit whether it’s Facebook or another forum such as this I think having MOFI kind of MONITOR THE group and be available a little bit is a huge thing and I appreciate the efforts that you guys have done on this

I have a MOFI ultra deck +M since October 22 of this year
I initially found this group by trying to look up the arm spindle to pivot distance for aligning the cartridge and information on cartridge alignment I have the master tracker and I don’t need to align my cartridge I’m just wanted to learn how to check to make sure everything looks good and I have that knowledge and skill for the future
I use a Geo-Disc to set and check alignment
And a digital scale like this for tracking force
Amazon product ASIN B00KMJXEBQ
And one of these for VTA and azimuth
Amazon product ASIN B0771Z3XMH

Last edited:
Thank you for this information. I recently purchased the Hudson measurer, & have a stylus gauge. However I read where the MOFI factory alignment uses the Lofgren alignment and the Geo-disc is based on the Baerwald. Is that correct? If so how do you use the Geo-disc?

Thank you for this information. I recently purchased the Hudson measurer, & have a stylus gauge. However I read where the MOFI factory alignment uses the Lofgren alignment and the Geo-disc is based on the Baerwald. Is that correct? If so how do you use the Geo-disc?
The Geo-disc offers the correct alignment for a MoFi tt. I and several others around here use it with their SD/UD.

I use a Geo-Disc to set and check alignment
And a digital scale like this for tracking force
Amazon product ASIN B00KMJXEBQ
And one of these for VTA and azimuth
Amazon product ASIN B0771Z3XMH
That's my exact set up.

Quick question: Does the belt on your Ultradeck's drop down to the lower groove of the platter when you switch the belt to 45rpm speed? Mine does not always do that, sometimes just stays in the top groove, even if the belt is in the 45rpm spot on the motorhub.

Quick question: Does the belt on your Ultradeck's drop down to the lower groove of the platter when you switch the belt to 45rpm speed? Mine does not always do that, sometimes just stays in the top groove, even if the belt is in the 45rpm spot on the motorhub.
Mine doesn’t always, at least not right away.

Mine doesn’t always, at least not right away.
I never paid attention to the belt's behaviour for the almost two years ive had the table, but now that i do pay attention it its about 50/50 on wether it changes groove in the platter or not.

I never paid attention to the belt's behaviour for the almost two years ive had the table, but now that i do pay attention it its about 50/50 on wether it changes groove in the platter or not.
It’s possible that as the belt wears and loosens it’s less likely to snap into place. Have you done a speed test to determine how much it affects things?

It’s possible that as the belt wears and loosens it’s less likely to snap into place. Have you done a speed test to determine how much it affects things?
Just had the belt replaced as the old one was worn out. Nop, will an app work or is that not accurate enough?

Just had the belt replaced as the old one was worn out. Nop, will an app work or is that not accurate enough?
There are, and they're accurate enough. I have an Android (there are iOS apps as well) and use "RPM Speed and WOW", just get it as close to laying in the center of the platter as you can, I put it on my weight dead center.

There are, and they're accurate enough. I have an Android (there are iOS apps as well) and use "RPM Speed and WOW", just get it as close to laying in the center of the platter as you can, I put it on my weight dead center.
Does the belt on your UD drop down to the lower groove in the platter when changing to 45rpm with ease?

Does the belt on your UD drop down to the lower groove in the platter when changing to 45rpm with ease?
Always, but as mentioned, it seems to be hit or miss. That aside, I don't know if I'd get too hung up on that as long as it doesn't effect your speed. I would take a reading, then make sure to have the belt in the groove and take it again. My guess is there won't be much of a difference if any.

Back