MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

New to the forum and have a question. I have a MoFi Ultradeck w/ Master Tracker. I've had it for about 7 months, and it's performed brilliantly...until recently. ~35 minutes into listening, the platter slows down to below 33 1/3 RPMs. I can't get the speed back up to 33 1/3, although the next morning, for example, it'll work fine for another 35 minutes. The platter and spindle are lubricated to spec. Is it possible that the belt is worn out or somehow stretched (this wouldn't explain why it works for 35 minutes)? Thanks for your feedback.
Hi and welcome!

I’d contact MoFi. That sounds like a motor issue, not a belt.

Between the headshell and the arm tube on the MoFi tonearm there's a rubber o-ring. It looks a bit like those o-rings you see on tapware. I guess it's there to help dampen vibration.

Anyway, I was looking at my tonearm today and it looks like this little o-ring is deteriorating quite badly. Has a lot of small cracks in it. I've only had the turntable (Ultradeck) about twelve months or so.

Anyone else got this happening? And can it be easily replaced? Also, does the headshell actually screw off? Sorry to ask so many questions!

Last edited:
Between the headshell and the arm tube on the MoFi tonearm there's a small rubber o-ring. It looks a bit like those o-rings you see on tap ware. I guess it's there to help dampen vibration.

Anyway, I was looking at my tonearm today and it looks like this little o-ring is deteriorating quite badly. Has a lot of small cracks in it. I've only had the turntable (Ultradeck) about twelve months or so.

Anyone else got this happening? And can it be easily replaced? Also, does the headshell actually screw off? Sorry to ask so many questions!
I saw it once. Mine is fine after 4+ years. It’s fairly common though- Technics uses flat 0 ring on their head shells that deteriorate eventually.

it shouldn’t be a difficult fix.

Well hiccup number 1 with installing the studiodeck...music room didn’t include the rca interconnects in the box 🤬 suggestions ?

Well hiccup number 1 with installing the studiodeck...music room didn’t include the rca interconnects in the box 🤬 suggestions ?
Do you have a spare pair? If not, I believe Home Depot or Lowe’s will carry a cheap pair to get you through. You’ll also need a ground wire.

Do you have a spare pair? If not, I believe Home Depot or Lowe’s will carry a cheap pair to get you through. You’ll also need a ground wire.
I should but not a grounding wire...also this anti skate weight...wtf...the manual just says loop it around the gauge you need depending on cartridge...loop it how? Keeps falling off

So...any interconnects y’all recommend since I have none for the time being? I wrote to musicroom hoping they’ll send me something too

I should but not a grounding wire...also this anti skate weight...wtf...the manual just says loop it around the gauge you need depending on cartridge...loop it how? Keeps falling off
Grounding wire- you can use whatever. A spare scrap of speaker wire or of you have nothing, a small spool of wire from any home improvement store.

Back