MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Thanks, I had tried that and it was maxed at the bottom. Realized now that the metal part holding the resting foam was bent a little. Seems to be working after carefully bending it back in place
That also moves up and down with a set screw on the inside of the cueing lever, towards the TT if I remember correctly.

Okay, I think I found the sweet spot between bending that lifter piece and adjusting the weight so it doesn’t skip every line and the cartridge is no longer snow plowing my record. I think it... sounds pretty good? I’m so flustered right now I’m going to have to sit with it for a bit.

Your arm lift set screw has the arm lift too high. That silver column that raises and lowers the arm lift needs to come down a few mm. There’s that ridge right in the middle—that’s where the silver column should meet the black holder part.

Then you’ll be able to correct your VTA because right now your arm looks too low.

Your arm lift set screw has the arm lift too high. That silver column that raises and lowers the arm lift needs to come down a few mm. There’s that ridge right in the middle—that’s where the silver column should meet the black holder part.

Then you’ll be able to correct your VTA because right now your arm looks too low.
The bottom of the silver column is as low as it can go, unfortunately

Exactly.. lifter arm needs to be lowered and arm raised it appears.

I can’t stress this enough. If you are “bending” anything, you’re doing it wrong and should seek help with setting up a TT. I needed it in the beginning. Don’t break anything.

Your arm is way too low. You need to raise the arm at the back by loosening the set screw on the outside of the tonearm base while tightly holding the base. Then lift that entire base up. Your tonearm is literally all the way at the bottom it seems? Why? See my height below, can’t imagine the UD is that much different than the SD. image.jpg

When the MoFi came back, I continued to want to play the Thorens. The solid knobs, the detachable headshell, the retro looks.. all just got me.
I can relate. I moved from the sl 1200mk2 to the UD. UD clearly sounds better, but I do miss the tactile experience and look of the Technics. There's more to this hobby than The Absolute Sound.

1200G with that Luxman? Homina homina! 🥴🤤

Back