MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Getting the itch to buy a studiodeck now that my basement is almost done and my birthday is almost here as well. If anyone finds a deal, please could you let this crab know....thanks!!!!
This only seems to be a deal if you also like the Ortofon 2M Bronze that is included. I'd be curious if they'd be willing to sell it without the cart, and for how much.

This only seems to be a deal if you also like the Ortofon 2M Bronze that is included. I'd be curious if they'd be willing to sell it without the cart, and for how much.
How’s that ortofon bronze? Comparable to grado gold or mofis cartridge?

@Mather You ever have the Bronze before the Black?
*raises hand*

I’m one of the cart’s few defenders. I owned one for a couple years before I bought my Ultradeck. It’s an exemplary tracker, detailed and analytical, but a bit...cold for some. Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from a Grado.

I liked it, but I also understand where folks who bounce off the cart are coming from. It is certainly not at all a bad choice. Just not a warm-and-fuzzy one.

@HiFi Guy and @HayesWeighsIn hate the cart, if you need a weighty counter argument.

I think this is a really good deal for $999 as is. An open box StudioDeck with no cart is going to cost about the same from MusicDirect.

I think this is a really good deal for $999 as is. An open box StudioDeck with no cart is going to cost about the same from MusicDirect.
Agreed...my only qualms would be if something goes wrong...could I just send it to mofi for repairs then?

*raises hand*

I’m one of the cart’s few defenders. I owned one for a couple years before I bought my Ultradeck. It’s an exemplary tracker, detailed and analytical, but a bit...cold for some. Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from a Grado.

I liked it, but I also understand where folks who bounce off the cart are coming from. It is certainly not at all a bad choice. Just not a warm-and-fuzzy one.

@HiFi Guy and @HayesWeighsIn hate the cart, if you need a weighty counter argument.

I'm adding my name to that bottom line! It's "technically" very impressive that they pull that much detail but my ears really do not like it! The audio equivalent of staring into the sun.

Agreed...my only qualms would be if something goes wrong...could I just send it to mofi for repairs then?
TMR offers a 45-day warranty. After that you're on your own, but you could certainly send it to MoFi for repairs, you just might have to pay. I think @Slimwhit33 had a terrific recent repair experience with MoFi, out of warranty yet fixed w no charge.

Last edited:
Hi, everyone! Finally decided that my busted tone arm on my old Edwards Audio turntable just wasn’t going to cut it anymore (my son tried to play a baseball as if it were a record a couple years ago, because he likes baseball and thought it would probably sound good too). I found a lightly used Studiodeck+ for a pretty decent deal yesterday. Mind if I join you in here?

Hi, everyone! Finally decided that my busted tone arm on my old Edwards Audio turntable just wasn’t going to cut it anymore (my son tried to play a baseball as if it were a record a couple years ago, because he likes baseball and thought it would probably sound good too). I found a lightly used Studiodeck+ for a pretty decent deal yesterday. Mind if I join you in here?
The more the merrier!

Well shit...bout to add to cart and then got message saying it’s gone

edit...nvm

looks like I’m joining the club 💸💸💸

Well shit...bout to add to cart and then got message saying it’s gone

edit...nvm

looks like I’m joining the club 💸💸💸
So I did a thing and grabbed it...I’ll be officially a member 😂

the way I see it...I could always sell the bronze for easily $100-200...been selling a few fomos...and really, I need to break my basement in with style 🍺

I made the same move from U-Turn to the StudioDeck about a year and a half ago. You're going to be very pleased I think! Enjoy!
Thanks ...looking forward to it !

now...anyone have suggestions on an amp? I have an onkyo right now but looking for something to add a punch without busting the wallet.
I’ve been eyeing the nad 316bee but I’m open for suggestions. I also have a pho 8 currently too

@Mather You ever have the Bronze before the Black?
I did have the Bronze before the Black, and yes I agree with @kvetcha. It tracks great and had very good detail but was very very neutral. If you like the Grado sound then you may not like this. But it's certainly worth a listen if it comes with the table. AAAAAND the body of the Bronze is the same body for the Black so you're just a stylus upgrade away from joining me in the wondrous horror that is the 2M Black.

TMR offers a 45-day warranty. After that you're on your own, but you could certainly send it to MoFi for repairs, you just might have to pay. I think @Slimwhit33 had a terrific recent repair experience with MoFi, out of warranty yet fixed w no charge.
I did.. if I'm being honest I don't even know what the warranty period is for one of the UD's.. but they never mentioned it and my tonearm was replaced at no charge. I feel like I got the table in early 2019 maybe?

Back