MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Ah a list of unobtainable things for very rich people. Page me with the realistic list for normal people.
Start at the B list.

A photo of each of these TT would have been nice. I'm way too lazy to separately google them.
They have reviews on anything they've ranked. That's kind of the bias with these list from publishers. Can't make the list unless your gear has been in for review. Can't get your gear reviewed unless you buy ad space AND send in the product (occasional exceptions).

Buying ad space doesn't guarantee a spot on the list, but not buying ad space almost certainly ensures your gear will not make the rankings.

Start at the B list.

They have reviews on anything they've ranked. That's kind of the bias with these list from publishers. Can't make the list unless your gear has been in for review. Can't get your gear reviewed unless you buy ad space AND send in the product (occasional exceptions).

Buying ad space doesn't guarantee a spot on the list, but not buying ad space almost certainly ensures your gear will not make the rankings.

The B list is still extraordinarily expensive for the most part 😂

I’ve looked at these lists on this site before and dismissed them as pure nonsense, the equivalent of someone recomending a million euro Ferrari as a car.

The B list is still extraordinarily expensive for the most part 😂

I’ve looked at these lists on this site before and dismissed them as pure nonsense, the equivalent of someone recomending a million euro Ferrari as a car.
Well, their primary audience is that crowd and enthuist who desire to be part of that crowd.
It's not a bad assessment, lol.

Well, their primary audience is that crowd and enthuist who desire to be part of that crowd.
It's not a bad assessment, lol.

That crowd is incredibly narrow though and so as a wider resource it’s pure nonsense. Super expensive things aren’t for the masses, they’re generally for the terrible people that can afford them. At least with super cars they can be posters for kids bedroom walls or enjoyable to watch someone tag them around a track on the tele.

I’m here for recommending great upgrades that humans can afford not fetishising niche products with stupid price tags for the ultra rich.

Supercars sell posters and t-shirts. Hifi sells magazine and websites... with ad space ;)

Does it still? Really? And fetishising stuff that the reader will likely never even see in the flesh nevermind buy? It seems so niche! It’s not even pretty to look at 99/100 too! I understand the review sites and magazines that focus on more realistic gear with the occasional exotic piece thrown in a bit more.

It also seems mad that those magazine still sell when magazines reviewing and talking about the actual art and the artists are nearly all extinct!

Does it still? Really? And fetishising stuff that the reader will likely never even see in the flesh nevermind buy? It seems so niche! It’s not even pretty to look at 99/100 too! I understand the review sites and magazines that focus on more realistic gear with the occasional exotic piece thrown in a bit more.

It also seems mad that those magazine still sell when magazines reviewing and talking about the actual art and the artists are nearly all extinct!
Well, part of the reason it cost so much it because they only need to sell a few units to break even, and a few more to make some cash.

But more importantly, you're not alone in those feelings or thoughts. With the uptick of YouTubers in hifi, we see the chifi market picking up quality and booming. The bar for the entry into real hifi sound is being lowered, and I think the subject of this thread (the ultradeck) is a great example of that.

Hifi is becoming more accessible.

The uber high-end will always exist, but the entry and the mid level are kind of becoming more exciting right now. And the old publications are taking notice and pivoting to an extent too.

Start at the B list.

Everything Stereophile reviews ends up on the list somewhere.

My UltraDeck is on it's way back from MoFi Electronics.. got the FedEx confirmation and an email from my contact at MoFi that it had been fixed and its on its way back. However, no details available as to what was fixed. Contact said there may be something in the box.

I'm choosing to view this as good news at this point since I wasn't charged anything. I'm not going to let the lack of information worry me until/unless it has to.

My UltraDeck is on it's way back from MoFi Electronics.. got the FedEx confirmation and an email from my contact at MoFi that it had been fixed and its on its way back. However, no details available as to what was fixed. Contact said there may be something in the box.

I'm choosing to view this as good news at this point since I wasn't charged anything. I'm not going to let the lack of information worry me until/unless it has to.
Turn around seems like it was pretty quick.

Back