MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Hello,
Just got my Studiodeck with the Studiotracker. I wonder if any of you have any experience with the AT-VM95EN vs the Studiotracker, because I had that on my Sony table and loved it.
I’m thinking about trying it but figured I would ask here first

any opinions are appreciated!

I was also wondering how the studio tracker compares to a grado gold. Are they comparable or just stick with my current grado?

So every time I see footage of the mofi deck they don't use a record mat, the platter is not acrylic but I'm guessing it's basically the same way of not needing a mat at all (though if you really want you can probably put on a acromat or something)

So every time I see footage of the mofi deck they don't use a record mat, the platter is not acrylic but I'm guessing it's basically the same way of not needing a mat at all (though if you really want you can probably put on a acromat or something)
yeah, it's designed to be used without a mat. It's made from Delrin, which is a rubbery plastic material that's supposed to resemble vinyl from a resonance standpoint.

also something i noticed is it seems most journalists seem to just ignore the studiodeck and go straight to "buy the ultradeck", gutenberg for example put the ultradeck on and not the studiodeck (the P3 took its place) and like the ultradeck won an EISA but thats way out of my price range so im not going with that

also something i noticed is it seems most journalists seem to just ignore the studiodeck and go straight to "buy the ultradeck", gutenberg for example put the ultradeck on and not the studiodeck (the P3 took its place) and like the ultradeck won an EISA but thats way out of my price range so im not going with that

Looks like this best of list came out before his Studiodeck review did.
k

i do trust the studiodeck as being very good quality at least... hivinyws showed that it sounds super similar to the also on the list rega P3 and has better aesthetics and nice stuff like only needing an IEC plug and can use your own RCA cables (aka you can upgrade them with shunyata or audioquest or whatever cables)

k

i do trust the studiodeck as being very good quality at least... hivinyws showed that it sounds super similar to the also on the list rega P3 and has better aesthetics and nice stuff like only needing an IEC plug and can use your own RCA cables (aka you can upgrade them with shunyata or audioquest or whatever cables)
Yep, I saw a different review essentially saying at its price, the studiodeck was the better mofi value than the Ultradeck.

So have you decided on the Studiodeck when the time is right, or still mulling options?

So have you decided on the Studiodeck when the time is right, or still mulling options?
Pretty much going with studiodeck but project X series and music hall tempt me to an extent and I dunno if i wanna go with stock cartridge or go with something different (like a moving coil)

Last edited:
studiodeck over the pro-ject and music hall all day, every day
k

mostly wondered because previously people were saying not to buy rega turntables but hearing the audio samples from hivinyws it was clear that the rega was almost miles better than the project and fluance. so i guess my brain is a little hazy and unsure.. i know the studiodeck is great though so this will probably be the main choice..

and either buying it with the mastertracker for the big sound (though the audiotechnica clone claim makes me wonder how cheap it really is), or the hana SL for a chance at moving coil and great sound (i'm buying a new preamp or a MC stepup anyway)

Back