MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Being manufactured by Audio-Technica doesn’t make the MoFi carts clones, and certainly doesn’t make them cheap. AT is a well respected company.

And Rega makes good tables, their US pricing just sucks; that, and, by design, they trap you in a bit of a walled garden when it comes to carts unless you want to invest in shims and other accessories, which I find a bit scummy.

k

mostly wondered because previously people were saying not to buy rega turntables but hearing the audio samples from hivinyws it was clear that the rega was almost miles better than the project and fluance. so i guess my brain is a little hazy and unsure.. i know the studiodeck is great though so this will probably be the main choice..

and either buying it with the mastertracker for the big sound (though the audiotechnica clone claim makes me wonder how cheap it really is), or the hana SL for a chance at moving coil and great sound (i'm buying a new preamp or a MC stepup anyway)
Here's the thing, in my opinion, on the MoFi tables with a MoFi cart. First and foremost, regardless of the cart you buy from which company, they're all marked up, secondly, as mentioned already, the MoFi carts are not just rebranded AT carts, they were made to specification from MoFi for these tables, which leads me to my following point.

At the cost saving for either of the MoFi carts I think it's worth it's value not only on the cost savings, but, also to experience the turntable as it was designed. When it comes to carts, everyone, as we've discussed constantly, will have a preference, that may be sound, budget, or both. But, having the time to listen to the MoFi turntable as it was designed will help you get a better feel for the turntable. The MoFi carts were designed to match all the other intricacies of the turntable, it was matched to perform at it's best on these turntables, and, it comes pre-mounted so you don't have to second guess if you mounted "ABC" cart correctly, just double check the VTF and you're off and running.

I think there is a definite benefit to growing with the MoFi decks from point A with every design element as it was calibrated and intended, then move on from there if you choose. ;)

Here's the thing, in my opinion, on the MoFi tables with a MoFi cart. First and foremost, regardless of the cart you buy from which company, they're all marked up, secondly, as mentioned already, the MoFi carts are not just rebranded AT carts, they were made to specification from MoFi for these tables, which leads me to my following point.

At the cost saving for either of the MoFi carts I think it's worth it's value not only on the cost savings, but, also to experience the turntable as it was designed. When it comes to carts, everyone, as we've discussed constantly, will have a preference, that may be sound, budget, or both. But, having the time to listen to the MoFi turntable as it was designed will help you get a better feel for the turntable. The MoFi carts were designed to match all the other intricacies of the turntable, it was matched to perform at it's best on these turntables, and, it comes pre-mounted so you don't have to second guess if you mounted "ABC" cart correctly, just double check the VTF and you're off and running.

I think there is a definite benefit to growing with the MoFi decks from point A with every design element as it was calibrated and intended, then move on from there if you choose. ;)
i'll figure it out.. the mofi carts are really well respected so thats a good thing.. and im guessing in the future i can move to a moving coil if i am really interested in it

@AnthonyI if I do go with a mofi deck, would that grado you sold me be a good starting cart for it or go with a mofi cart?

So I should have it before the break because MD has a warehouse in Las Vegas and I didn’t even know.
Anything I need to know before it arrives?
Which one did you buy?

Things to know:

The arm tube is marked with tape to aid in setting tracking force. A digital gauge is better and inexpensive.

Put the anti skate weight on before the counterweight. Putting it on afterwards like you normally would is an exercise in frustration.

Which one did you buy?

Things to know:

The arm tube is marked with tape to aid in setting tracking force. A digital gauge is better and inexpensive.

Put the anti skate weight on before the counterweight. Putting it on afterwards like you normally would is an exercise in frustration.
I went UltraDeck with the MasterTracker.
And I recently bought a digital gauge.

Which one did you buy?

Things to know:

Skate before weight would have been MUCH easier. Sigh.

Back