MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

2727B658-CE44-4DDF-9718-45EB022D04EE.jpeg299685D2-2F75-4461-9A5D-25A2D40F68E8.jpegSet up straight on at rest it stops at the spindle. Not outrageous I guess. But very different from Anthony.
I don’t get how they can be different. The relation between the bump stop and tonearm rest is constant, so should the total swing distance on every table. We should be able to rotate the assembly to get a different start/stop point, but the total swing distance should be the same for all UD’s.
I’m not sure this has anything to do with my current issue btw. But it’s strange.
I think I have a bearing issue. No idea if that could affect swing distance.

View attachment 75472View attachment 75474Set up straight on at rest it stops at the spindle. Not outrageous I guess. But very different from Anthony.
I don’t get how they can be different. The relation between the bump stop and tonearm rest is constant, so should the total swing distance on every table. We should be able to rotate the assembly to get a different start/stop point, but the total swing distance should be the same for all UD’s.
I’m not sure this has anything to do with my current issue btw. But it’s strange.
I think I have a bearing issue. No idea if that could affect swing distance.
I don't see why it would. It's a physical limitation with the bump stop.

Mine also stops at the spindle when set straight forward. I think you're fine.

I didn't even realize the whole tonearm could rotate like that. Do you loosen it with the VTA adjustment screw?

I didn't even realize the whole tonearm could rotate like that. Do you loosen it with the VTA adjustment screw?
Yes.. it can go up and down and rotate.

I guess the other thing I could do to limit swing is shorten the antiskate string slightly, which would effectively use the weight as a stop.. I'll do nothing until I send it to them. I'm sure when it dropped something busted inside and it slowly deteriorated until the arm is now pretty rough..

Mine also stops at the spindle.

Yes.. it can go up and down and rotate.

I guess the other thing I could do to limit swing is shorten the antiskate string slightly, which would effectively use the weight as a stop.. I'll do nothing until I send it to them. I'm sure when it dropped something busted inside and it slowly deteriorated until the arm is now pretty rough..
I was going to say, can you measure the length of your anti-skate string? I'll measure mine and we can compare.

I will.. does your arm stop because the antiskate bar bumps against the stop or because your weight tops out?
The arm without the skate string stops at the bumper, which still stops the arm short of the spindle, so I think a few things might be up with your arm overall.

Last edited:
Are these tables problematic because every time I come in this thread thinking I might be interested in getting one and then I see problems.
No problems here either.

Don't count the number of posts with problems as we have a lot of discussion about trouble shooting. Count the number of individuals reporting issues.

Then look at other tables at this price point. Anything selling high volume is likely to have a known number of issues of some sort. And issues show up on the internet more than praise.

If you're really worried about it, purchase directly from a quality dealer locally rather than online. They will be able to assist you with any issues.

Are these tables problematic because every time I come in this thread thinking I might be interested in getting one and then I see problems.
I bought my UD second hand and it had a grounding problem that MoFi fixed for free even though I wasn't the original owner. Like @displayname said, any table sold at these volumes is going to have some issues. But, MoFi's commitment to their product and willingness to make it right when there are issues is stellar.

Last edited:
Back