MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

I've hung on to a $1 bin medium weight album and adjust the arm parallel to the album on the platter. If your running more 180g records you might want to go that route. If you don't have a old album to use, I've cut and folded over an inner sleeve to put on the album to avoid scratches. I also use the "level" from Hudson Hi-Fi for both Azimuth and VTA -
I have one of these as well, but only used for Azimuth purposes. I'll throw on a 180g record and see if my VTA is still out whack. Thanks!

Let us know how it goes after you’ve made the adjustment.
Ok, so I re-leveled the deck. It was definitely off horizontally. I had to unscrew the left feet a bit to compensate. My new stand cannot get here fast enough. I moved the anti skate to the correct notch and lowered my VTA a smidge as the arm base was a little high. Recalibrated the force back to 1.65 and all is well! The imaging on this thing is so much better than I imagined. The sound seems to reach for the ceiling. I love it so much! Thanks fellas!

Last edited:
New MoFi owner, just purchased the UltraDeck with Mastertracker. Looking forward to receiving it later this week or early next.

I'm replacing a Schiit Sol w/ Nagaoka MP-500 (which has been a great entry point into better vinyl playback), but I'm looking for the next level.

My info:
Turntable: MoFi UltraDeck / Super Heavyweight "Champion"
Cartridge: MoFi Mastertracker
Amp: Sugden ANV-50
Phono: Lounge Audio LCR Mk III w/ Gold Upgrade
Speakers: LSA LSA-10 Statement Monitors, w/ SVS SB-3000 sub
Power Conditioner: Furman SS6B Power Conditioner
Audio Cables: Signal Cables Silver Resolution Eichman/KLEI mix
Power Cables: Signal Cable MagicPower Cable
Speaker Cable: Core Power Diamond Speaker Cable

Looking forward to adding my perspective on the UD once I've had a chance to get it setup and broken in.

New MoFi owner, just purchased the UltraDeck with Mastertracker. Looking forward to receiving it later this week or early next.

I'm replacing a Schiit Sol w/ Nagaoka MP-500 (which has been a great entry point into better vinyl playback), but I'm looking for the next level.

My info:

Looking forward to adding my perspective on the UD once I've had a chance to get it setup and broken in.
Welcome to the club :)

My info:

The Sol's a very cool deck! If I were in the market I'd be considering one just to tinker with.

My info:

Welcome!

If you might want to sell the MP-500, send me a DM.

My info:

Welcome! Gotta know about your prior setup - what did you think of the Sol? Don't get to read a lot as far as actual experience with that table - finicky to set up? Also curious about that gold upgrade on your Lounge. I have experience with the stock version, but curious what your thoughts are on that upgrade.

Sorry to bombard you with questions off the bat as your welcome to the group! Haha

The Sol's a very cool deck! If I were in the market I'd be considering one just to tinker with.
The Sol has been a fun deck for sure. I was a very early purchaser, and as you may know, there were several months of issues and product changes that Schiit had to iron out before the deck was "right". To their credit, they did a fantastic job of handling that.

In it's final iteration (same as the current production version), I thought it did a great job of presenting a neutral slate to the cartridge of choice. Nothing about the Sol shouted for attention regarding the sound quality, and I think for the money it's a great choice. However, it is a tinkerers contraption for sure. Probably not great for brand new vinyl spinners, and even I grew tired of constantly tweaking and tinkering with the different and endless adjustments. That's one of the reasons I'm going the UD+M route, I just want to be able to play a record w/o having to worry about the settings and adjustments.

I still think the Sol is a great turntable despite all that.

The Sol has been a fun deck for sure. I was a very early purchaser, and as you may know, there were several months of issues and product changes that Schiit had to iron out before the deck was "right". To their credit, they did a fantastic job of handling that.

In it's final iteration (same as the current production version), I thought it did a great job of presenting a neutral slate to the cartridge of choice. Nothing about the Sol shouted for attention regarding the sound quality, and I think for the money it's a great choice. However, it is a tinkerers contraption for sure. Probably not great for brand new vinyl spinners, and even I grew tired of constantly tweaking and tinkering with the different and endless adjustments. That's one of the reasons I'm going the UD+M route, I just want to be able to play a record w/o having to worry about the settings and adjustments.

I still think the Sol is a great turntable despite all that.
I wish I had an excuse to get a tinkerer's table. It seems like a lot of fun.

Welcome! Gotta know about your prior setup - what did you think of the Sol? Don't get to read a lot as far as actual experience with that table - finicky to set up? Also curious about that gold upgrade on your Lounge. I have experience with the stock version, but curious what your thoughts are on that upgrade.

Sorry to bombard you with questions off the bat as your welcome to the group! Haha
Yes, finicky (see post above). Fun turntable and produced pretty respectable music, but for me it was too twiddly.

I had the stock LCR version for a couple of years, and loved it. When I bought the Sol, I listened to the combo (Sol/MP-500/LCR Mk III standard) for a couple months, and then decided to try out the Gold upgrade. I chose not to have the volume and headphone jack added, so Lounge upgraded a whole bunch of other internal parts in addition to the normal Gold upgrades.

When I got it back, I hooked everything up and dropped the needle on Nils Lofgren's completely overplayed but absolutely perfect live record, and my mouth dropped to the floor. W/o any burning in, it was already leaps and bounds ahead of the standard LCR Mk III. Clarity, analog, liquid, air, all of it was improved significantly. I know this is cliche, but the music was much more "analog". There was some improvement over the next week or two, mostly with the high end getting even better and more clear (not bright, clear). I would do it again in a heartbeat, and recommend it strongly.

Last edited:
Awesome @jonstine thanks for all that info! That’s great. You’ve confirmed my suspicions about the Sol - it’s gonna frustrate the hell out of me. Haha. I’m much better with set and forget, and frankly with fewer things to be able to even adjust. My brain can go haywire over, “can I get it to sound even better??” Haha

Wow, glowing review of the LCR Gold. I’d forgotten it has a headphone amp as well. That may be a great upgrade for me to eye down the line - I’m running a StudioPhono with a Magni right now.

I don't remember seeing this or contributing to this thread. I've had my StudioDeck for about 2 years now and have never looked back.

Nice to see some other Lounge users too @jonstine and @HayesWeighsIn! I upgraded my LCR MKIII to the Gold about a year ago and can also sing it's praise and well worth the extra dough - if you're a headphone user too the amp is a nice touch as well. I just upgraded the AC adapter per Robert's suggestion and seems to be well worth the extra $20 but that new plug is massive.

Turntable: StudioDeck / Super Heavyweight
Cartridge: Nagaoka MP-200
Amp: Jolidia Fusion 6802
Phono: Lounge LCR Gold
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra RAAL Towers
Power Conditioner: Panamax MR4300
Audio Cables: Blue Jeans LC-1
Power Cables: Emerald Physics Power Cables
Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 4
Headphones: Hifiman Sundara

Hi all, new to the forum but have been reading this thread with great interest as I'm interested in the mofi studiodeck.

I'm looking to replace my old technics 1210 mk2 with a new table (the mk2 is going into a 2nd system) and the mofi and 1210gr are at the top of my list.

Current deal I can get is a gr with an at vm 750sh for around £1400 as opposed to a studiodeck with studio tracker just under £1300. Listen to mainly electronic music but also a bit of folk & rock.

I was leaning towards the gr as I can audition it but seen a few reviews of the mofi which say it's the best table at this price point.

I can audition the gr but not the mofi and was interested in people's comments who had compared both and what their thoughts were.

Cheers

Back