May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

第十九天:awards are for losers

Ramona falls ~ prophet

IMG_20200520_211414.jpg

I don't really pay attention to any mainstream award ceremonies as I find them a bit meaningless and not all encompassing. So with that said this award is bliss's award for the band that broke up an amazing band only to create an equally amazing band award

Didn't realize he had a new one coming out. I stopped following him for some reason but really enjoyed his early albums. He is great live too!

I strongly recommend you to check his album Please. He made it after divorcing Mona, so the songwriting is emotional and sharp. It's his best album, and I doubt he'll ever make anything better. But perhaps Patience, the new album, is better -I don't know, I'm avoiding listening to anything from it til I receive the vinyl.

DAY 21 - AN ALBUM TO GET DRUNK TO
Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet
I'm not really an aficionado when it comes to getting drunk. After all, I just turned 21 two months ago and as we all know, nobody ever drinks before they turn 21 😁 but getting shitfaced and partying often go hand in hand and so this felt appropriate. I feel like singing (shouting) along to this album while drunk would be a blast. This album is the embodiment of reckless, mindless, probably potentially deadly fun. And I love it.
20200520_225532.jpg

Day 21 - Get Drunk

Snapchat-1081070231.jpg

Experience Unlimited - Free Yourself

This is less about the album itself and more about the story I have with it. Throwback to when Vmp still engaged with the community and I'd go to the spins every month. I had a solid group of friends there and that recently included a newcomer whom I was really connecting with. Add on top of it was a time of my life that I felt I was turning things around and was starting to be really happy with the results.

I went to this spins in celebration mode and God damn I celebrated! Had way too many long island ice teas and between them, good friends, good vibes, good music and ending the night off with some embarrassing karaoke it turned into one of my favorite memories I have from the last half of the decade (even if my memory of the night is shoty)

Day 21 - An Album To Get Drunk To

Titus Andronicus - The Monitor

There hasn’t been a more obvious choice for me during this whole event. At the age of 30 I had just broken up with my girlfriend of 4 years, I was renting a room out at a friend’s house, and working for peanuts at a dead-end job that I hated......and would soon be laid off from, which forced me to move back into my parents basement.

It wasn’t the best time for me. Haha. That was in 2010. The year The Monitor released. The spite, vitriol, and anger in this album struck me to my very soul. But, floating just under the surface in that sea of self-loathing there was something brighter....something resembling hope.

You will always be a loser....you will always be a loser......AND. THAT’S. OKAY.

This album, to me, is a celebration of all that it takes to feel you are worth something even when the world seems to be telling you otherwise. An anthem for a new tomorrow that must test the limits of your stereo. A cheers to the oppressors and a cracked smile with a “fuck you” hiding just behind the clenched teeth.

I mean, there’s a song that starts, “I’m sorry, mama, but I been drinkin again...” how can you not raise a glass to that‽

My favorite album of 2010 and possible the last decade.

It is the Born To Run for Generation Whatever.

Tramps like us, baby we were born to die!

1124C5EF-6AE2-4CAD-A295-FBE48CCB0BF7.jpeg

Day 18: LBGT+

I don't think this one was played...but I mostly just skimmed through.

Joe Jackson ‎– Look Sharp!
A&M Records ‎– SP 4743, 1979

White Label Promo

Pressed at Columbia, Terre Haute

xYUvC2.jpg

gQUz0c.jpg

Back