May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

Day 20: 2020 hype! (2020 album or an artist who is set to release an album this year)
Sondre Lerche - Sondre Lerche (2011)

View attachment 47943

I thought more people liked Sondre's music, don't know why. But that's ok, because I could get a limited copy of his new album that should be shipping... sometime maybe next month?
Didn't realize he had a new one coming out. I stopped following him for some reason but really enjoyed his early albums. He is great live too!

Day 20 : HYPE!
Tame Impala - The Slow Rush
I was real excited for this one to come out this year. Grabbed a copy for my birthday and picked it up in person at Rough Trade. Ah...the days when I could do that...then I ended up getting the splodge variant and sold my blue and red from RT hah.

IMG_1072.JPG

Day 20 - 2020 hype

Dogleg - Melee

My favorite of the year so far. Also really looking forward to the Phoebe Bridgers and CMA releases, but this and Fiona’s album have been the only real eye-openers for me. Shabaka, Waxahatchee, and Isbell have been the only other new releases I’ve picked up (all excellent but not really groundbreaking).

BC4AC8B2-7473-46AA-91BF-80E17411C7A4.jpeg

Day 20 - 2020 HYPE!!

Caroline Rose - Superstar

I had never heard a Caroline Rose song before she was announced as an Essentials artist on a record club earlier this year. I was skeptical. I listened to a few of the singles from the new album and some from previous and.....was still unsure. But, being the musical adventurer that I am I decided I’d give it a shot! No, of course I didn’t forget to swap just like with Salt n Pepa, no I chose not to choose, so as Rush says “that’s still a choice”. Okay, I forgot to swap when it came up, BUT.......I am very happy I did. Not only is it a perfect example of an album design and vinyl color going together well, but even the music sounds hot pink! And I LOVE it! I joked when it came out that it’s the best Tame Impala record of the year. Haha. I’m only half joking.

This is one of those albums that I put on side A track one and before I know it the last song on side B has finished and I want to start all over again.

Feel the way feel the way feel the way feel the way yah-ah!
F4FDC4D1-0314-44EE-95AA-CD0721C938D2.jpeg

Day 20: Hype

Robert Smith has been teasing a new Cure album, but that was before the pandemic hit.... Their output this century has been weak, but I’m excited to hear what they’ll sound like with Reeves Gabrels on guitar!

View attachment 48047

I’d be more excited to finally get a reissue of what you posted.

Back