May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

Yes you should. Make it your next purchase. Do it now. Life is too short to not have a copy of Holy Diver.

Last week I found what I suspect where bootlegs (who has 5 mint copies for sale?) and stayed clear.
After seeing today's post a did another search on the Brazilian version of eBay (it's called Mercado Livre) and found a pretty good looking used Brazilian pressing.
Long story short:
03338C3E-14C4-48AA-BFFB-F6C27634CEE8.jpeg

A caminho means "on it's way"

Day 21 - drinks

my favorite band likes drinks. Hell their most recent album was based around tikis. However, this album is...

1. named for the hair of the dog
2. Has the greatest drunk song of all time

Rye Whiskey makes the band sound better
Makes your baby cuter, makes itself taste sweeter, oh, boy
Rye whiskey makes your heart beat louder
Makes your voice seem softer, makes the back room hotter, oh, but
Rye thoughts aren't good thoughts, boys
Have I ever told you about the time I
Rye whiskey wraps your troubles up into a bright blue package
Ties a bow around it, oh, boy
Just throw it on the pile in the corner
See, you're not alone in not being alone tonight, but
Rye love isn't good love, boys
I used to wake up bright and early
Got my work done quickly, held my baby tightly, oh, boy
Rye whiskey makes the sun set faster
Makes the spirit more willing but the body weaker because
Rye sleep isn't good sleep, boys
Took it and took her for granted?
How I took it and took her for granted?
So let's take some and take them all for granted
Oh, boy

2AA9D65F-00AF-4A28-B9C7-1EE9A204E667.jpeg
Punch Brothers -Antifogmatic

Last edited:
Day 21: An Album To Get Drunk To

Oasis - Definitely Maybe (Big Brother, 2014 pressing)

I suppose there are a few different albums I could listen to whilst drinking but I tend to be a social drinker rather than sitting on my own drinking, so it would likely be an album with songs we can all (badly) sing along to. Oasis are always an instant hit when put on at parties and out at bars, and this album is my favourite of theirs. Songs like 'Cigarettes & Alcohol' and 'Supersonic' even reference drinks so theres that too!

View attachment 48141

That was what I was lining up for this day too. Always used to play this whilst getting ready for a big night out when I was younger!

Last edited:
Day 17: Robyn - Body Talk (catch-up edition)

No offense to the other pop stars out there, but in a just world Robyn would be the biggest star in the world. One of my favorite albums of the 10s, this albun is full of top of the chart hits in an alternative universe. But I'm thankful to at least be able to listen in this one.

20200521_212032.jpg

Last edited:
Day 21 - Drinking Days

Zep - Houses

This felt great tonight...beautiful spring weather, had drinks and grilled burgers on the patio with my wife and son as this blared out the patio door. We quarantined from him for awhile, it's nice to be together again and resume our weekly Thursday dinner.

Plus, it's such a fantastic album, start to finish. I'll drink to that too.
🍻

20200521_193628.jpg

DAY 22 - FIRST ALBUM (ALPHABETICALLY)
100 gecs - 1000 gecs
gecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgec
20200521_173738.jpg

Back