March 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Here It Goes Again

MARCH 29
TWO FOR TUESDAY
Blue Öyster Cult – Secret Treaties
20220330_202851.jpg

I also have the Blve Öyster Cvlt Cöllection version of the CD with liner notes and bonus tracks, and the cardboard sleeve version from The Columbia Albums Collectiön as well, but the cases are in storage and the discs are in my car, so they aren't included in the photo.

MARCH 31
LOOKS LIKE WE'VE MADE IT TO THE END
Play the final album by a band or artist.

SOPHIE - OIL OF EVERY PEARL'S UN-INSIDES

16487163133037917112510314112246.jpg

The lone album from the LGBT icon and envelope-pusher of pop as we know it. I'm still shattered from her being taken from the world so soon.
After seeing the final prompt for this month, and after having seen Magdalena Bay in concert last night, this jumped into my mind without question. The gal who opened for Mag Bay? Cecile Believe, who performed vocals on the tracks "Faceshopping," "Is it Cold in the Water?," "Infatuation," "Immaterial," and "Whole New World/Pretend World."
Huge missed opportunity to forget to bring the jacket of this to the venue and have Cecile sign the back (not the front, out of respect for SOPHIE) of this revolutionary record. I don't think it is absurd to view this record as a modern classic of the 2010s, nearly four years later.

MARCH 27
BLAST TO THE PAST
Play a modern album with a throwback sound.

Satanic Doo-Wop? Count me in.

Twin Temple – Twin Temple (Bring You Their Signature Sound.... Satanic Doo-Wop)
Rise Above Records – RISELP225, 2018/2019

Purple vinyl limited to 700

Cut by Noel Summerville

yXYv8Y.jpg

w4maog.jpg

VERY NSFW VIDEO BELOW.

MARCH 31

Kyuss - ...And the Circus Leaves Town
Screenshot_20220331-073537.jpg

Thanks for a great month @gaporter! A little stoner rock to start my day. And I'll get up next months this afternoon when I'm home from work. Hope you all will join me in the next challenge!

MARCH 28
RESPECT YOUR CAT DAY
According to Google, some celebrate March 28th as Respect Your Cat Day. Play an album that involves cats or that you think your feline friends would appreciate.
Bonus points if you include a picture of a cat

I haven't watched this movie in years.

Giorgio Moroder – Cat People (Original Soundtrack)
Backstreet Records – BSR-6107, 1982

Cut by Brian Gardner at Allen Zentz Mastering
Pressed at MCA Pressing Plant, Pinckneyville

XusTHx.jpg

vxqkSo.jpg

Chloe doesn't come downstairs too often...

20220313_173815.jpg

20220313_173848.jpg

MARCH 29
TWO FOR TUESDAY
Play an album you own on multiple formats. (Whether it be vinyl, CD, tape, digital, etc.)

My wife called dibs on this one last night, and I definitely couldn't have come up with anything more thorough than this.

George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice
LP, CD, digital files on iPod and two cassette sings from the album.

GM.JPG

MARCH 31

Of course I already used Queen's as I am finishing up the Q playthrough. Oh well

So I am going to take final as...actual final, stupid album and ignore active aritsts. I was this close to breaking out one of my girlfriend's One Direction records for you but found this one more to my taste. They haven't seemingly put out anything in 10 years and Norah's been involved in a ton of other projects since. I wouldn't necessarily rule out more but for now, a foray into classic country covers.

The Little Willies ‎– For The Good Times

PXL_20220331_161329960.MP.jpg

Day 31: LOOKS LIKE WE'VE MADE IT TO THE END

The Walkmen - Heaven
15EF4AB1-212A-4B25-BB51-7A6715957EBF.jpeg
You know there is an alternate timeline in which after “The Rat” became a smash hit The Walkmen ascended to festival headlining Rock royalty along the lines of The Killers, Kings Of Leon and/or The National. I bet in that Timeline Trump never became President, Covid was managed properly, and The Cubs never won the World Series. I wish I lived in that timeline. Ah well.

MARCH 31
With my love of glam I had to post this, one if the former members of the glitter band Rossall sadly passed away about 12 months after releasing this
20220331_183815.jpg
I think that's it from me I dont think I missed a single day, had to catch up one weekend but that was about it, thanks @gaporter it was a fun month and it was interesting having the days released in batches, see you all when we start again tomorrow

Day 31: Looks Like We’ve Made It to the End

Main Source - Fuck What You Think

C0F5B523-86D3-4499-92AA-CB323FE3DDA4.jpeg

Their 2nd of only two albums, with a different MC replacing Large Professor and which only saw a release about 5 years after the group broke up due to conflicts with their label. Shame too, it’s a pretty good album.

@gaporter great job hosting this month’s thread!

MARCH 30
SPRING HAS SPRUNG
With March coming to a close and April just around the corner, we're officially entering the spring season. Play an album that makes you think of springtime.

Curtis Harding "If Words Were Flowers" (2021 ANTI-)
Going with this for my spring spin. Spring is the season for flowers, new beginnings and hope, which this album features throughout.

IMG_2358.JPG

Back