March 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Here It Goes Again

MARCH 31
LOOKS LIKE WE'VE MADE IT TO THE END
Play the final album by a band or artist.

DBA2AC9C-426D-4B23-8353-98C8DFA29322.jpeg

While Natalie Merchant went on to release some great solo albums I miss the full band sound of 10,000 Maniacs. Their final album features two massive hits in These Are Days and Candy Everybody Wants.

Thanks @gaporter for running March! I haven't done one of these in some time and it's forced me to think outside the box when pulling albums to listen to.

MARCH 30
SPRING HAS SPRUNG
With March coming to a close and April just around the corner, we're officially entering the spring season. Play an album that makes you think of springtime.

Beach House - Bloom

20200330_095755-jpg.38559

I need to post the last 2 days, but as I was getting ready to make my ostrakon I noticed that I have a few posts that just aren't searchable.

As they don't appear when I search for posts from me.

All were from when the forum was up, but acting a bit wonky, so I assume that's why.

I'll dig through when I post these last 2

Last edited:
MARCH 30
SPRING HAS SPRUNG
With March coming to a close and April just around the corner, we're officially entering the spring season. Play an album that makes you think of springtime.

I think the biggest reason I associate this album with spring is how many times I listened to the cassette when mowing. I mowed a lot in the 90's. This was one of my goto mowing cassettes.

Stone Temple Pilots ‎– Core
Atlantic/Music On Vinyl ‎– MOVLP833, 1992/2013

Clear vinyl, etched Side D - Numbered to 2500, #0630

Pressed at Record Industry

8FXNWa.jpg

qqkDdE.jpg

MARCH 31
LOOKS LIKE WE'VE MADE IT TO THE END
Play the final album by a band or artist.

:cry:

Thanks for a great month, @gaporter

XTC – Wasp Star (Apple Venus Volume 2)
Cooking Vinyl – COOK 194, 2000

Original 2LP release - the new 1LP sounds fine, but I usually just spin this one.

Cut at Metropolis Mastering

SywweJ.jpg

MalMlt.jpg

Back