March 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Here It Goes Again

MARCH 26
RIP TAYLOR HAWKINS
Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has sadly passed away at the young age of 50. Deciding at the last second to change this theme to honor the musician. You can either play something that Hawkins was featured on, or just an album with great drumming in general.

Hum - Downward is Heavenward

I don't have any vinyl with Hawkins, so I'll play a different great drummer, Bryan St. Pere, who we also lost recently and too soon.

IMG_20211123_190110731.jpg

Day 27: Blast to the Past

A bit obvious for me to go with a Colemine record, but…

M Ross Perkins - E Pluribus M Ross

1DECC7A8-921B-4AAE-A66E-4F362553000A.jpeg

A really good psychedelic pop record that came out less than two weeks ago that sounds like it could’ve come out of the 60s (though probably without lyrics as sarcastic as the first few songs).

MARCH 28
RESPECT YOUR CAT DAY

Unpopular opinion, but I do not appreciate cats. They want me dead and just being in their presence my body tries to kill itself by not breathing. I respect their game of just being lazy sobs who mooch off of humans for their existence, but they're kinda evil and would eat us if they could. I do, however, like dinosaurs. And this one is part tiger, which is a cat, and a Tiger-Rex is cool.

Jerry Garcia - Run for the Roses
View attachment 133770
Was Cats Under The Stars too on the nose?

MARCH 28
RESPECT YOUR CAT DAY
According to Google, some celebrate March 28th as Respect Your Cat Day. Play an album that involves cats or that you think your feline friends would appreciate. Bonus points if you include a picture of a cat.

Chapterhouse - Whirlpool

There's a cat on the cover, but just a dog in my house. Luckily, she can be pretty catlike!

20200422_142037_HDR.jpg

20210617_144002.jpg

MARCH 28
RESPECT YOUR CAT DAY
According to Google, some celebrate March 28th as Respect Your Cat Day. Play an album that involves cats or that you think your feline friends would appreciate. Bonus points if you include a picture of a cat.

Chapterhouse - Whirlpool

There's a cat on the cover, but just a dog in my house. Luckily, she can be pretty catlike!

View attachment 133822

View attachment 133823
I genuinely thought the album artwork was a satellite image of a Katrina-esque hurricane drifting over the ocean until I picked up a copy on wax and really looked at the cover and noticed the kitty ear.

Day 29: Two for Tuesday

I have a number of albums on both vinyl & CD, this one being among them for some reason…

Nick Jonas - Last Year Was Complicated

2081BC29-50EB-49F4-AE5E-93433FEA68D7.jpeg

I bought the vinyl when the album first came out in 2016 & the CD the year after at a discount when HMV Canada was closing shop. I don’t know why I bought the CD but I did.

are we back!!
TWO FOR TUESDAY
Play an album you own on multiple formats. (Whether it be vinyl, CD, tape, digital, etc.)
I have this on coloured vinyl, black vinyl, CD & Cassette as well as digital download (I don't know why!!)
20220124_225004.jpg

Turin Brakes – Invisible Storm​

Label:Cooking Vinyl – COOKLP696
Format:Vinyl, LP, Album
Released:26 Jan 2018
Genre:Folk, World, & Country
Style:Folk

MARCH 29
TWO FOR TUESDAY
Play an album you own on multiple formats. (Whether it be vinyl, CD, tape, digital, etc.)

Harmonia - Musik Von Harmonia

16486332306871499214188536912965.jpg

This record came with the physical digital format attached to the underside of the OBI strip, with a plastic slipcase for the CD tucked inside the gatefold.

Still working to catch up.

I took this time off for my birthday that will now be known as Black Monday.

Searching before I play anything has been slow going/pretty non-functional with the server the way it currently is...but I'll do my best to make sure I'm not doubling up on someone.

Last edited:
MARCH 30
SPRING HAS SPRUNG
With March coming to a close and April just around the corner, we're officially entering the spring season. Play an album that makes you think of springtime.

Hiroshi Yoshimura - Green

16486348699014087504670463392057.jpg

There's a version of the album with nature sounds, which some prefer. I'm fine with either.
Anyways, this is a Japanese ambient/new-age standard.

MARCH 22
GET BACK
The Beatles' first album, Please Please Me, was released on this day in 1963. Play something by or related to one of the Fab Four.

Related to the Fab Four for not actually being the Fab Four.

Just a great pop psych album from some guys in Canada.

Klaatu – Klaatu
Capitol Records – ST-11542, 1976

Cut at J.A.M.F.
Pressed at Capitol, Los Angeles

hiWDiZ.jpg

gtIQKu.jpg

Back