Magnolia Record Club

shore-blue_300x300.png

Check your emails, USPS picked up first batch late and Birdtalker is late, so if you got disco pick, you are waiting a couple more days for your package to ship.

71F98813-EBCD-411A-89B7-98E62A99D029.jpeg
Remember when Magnolia, I mean Vinyl Den did the 2 for 1 every Christmas. Come to think of it, I think they did this at least three times when I was a member. Now you get next to nothing.

Not real sure how I feel about the new Birdtalker. It was such a Departure, I was taken aback. Will need to spend some time with it for sure.

So like...what's the point of all of this if Magnolia can just decide to repress a club exclusive pick for general purchase?

It did remind me to finally go in and cancel though. Haven't gotten a pick I liked in months from them and the price for the swaps wasn't worth it. Also kind of annoying that if they are going to repress a club exclusive (seriously?), they don't have it in swaps for people in the club who missed it. Enough bad business from Magnolia.

Edit: Also, isn't this the same company that made Thad Cockrell RotM after he was discovery because Jimmy Fallon dug it, but they do this? Just...yeah.

Last edited:
So like...what's the point of all of this if Magnolia can just decide to repress a club exclusive pick for general purchase?

It did remind me to finally go in and cancel though. Haven't gotten a pick I liked in months from them and the price for the swaps wasn't worth it. Also kind of annoying that if they are going to repress a club exclusive (seriously?), they don't have it in swaps for people in the club who missed it. Enough bad business from Magnolia.

I haven't been a member in 4 months, boring ROTM's that I can cheaper elsewhere and used to be discovery included signed records but that disappeared too.

I haven't been a member in 4 months, boring ROTM's that I can cheaper elsewhere and used to be discovery included signed records but that disappeared too.
Absolutely. I appreciate that the Discovery this month was out of left field, but they compound that with both not announcing they have Lumineers as an RotM (so those who want it probably already pre-ordered it) in advance so like...it's just not common enough that I like the discovery AND main line enough to justify full retail price or more for what they're offering. Even their truly unique stuff (like the comps and the Joseph release) came out via Dualtone at some point or in their store or were generally released later.

Did anybody here get there box/Natalie Hemby? I got the Alexa Rose I swapped for. I asked about the disco and they said the vendor shipped it to the wrong warehouse and I would get a shipping notice soon.

Did anybody here get there box/Natalie Hemby? I got the Alexa Rose I swapped for. I asked about the disco and they said the vendor shipped it to the wrong warehouse and I would get a shipping notice soon.
Sure if sure if you’re just asking about Natalie Hemby, but I swapped for Strand of Oaks and it’s supposed to be here tomorrow.

Back