Magnolia Record Club

The War on Drugs is an odd pick as the standard edition is already out. How many people want to wait a month and a half for an eh variant? I've heard great things about the album but weird choice. Would've made more sense for October. With that said I'm on a big stretch of skipping and this is probably another month of it sadly.

Do we know who the discovery album is?

I am assuming a Charlie Brown Xmas variant given how quickly their She and Him variant sold last year and the near universal appeal of that album. I'd love a dented and dinged sale, that's usually great value.

The War on Drugs is an odd pick as the standard edition is already out. How many people want to wait a month and a half for an eh variant? I've heard great things about the album but weird choice. Would've made more sense for October. With that said I'm on a big stretch of skipping and this is probably another month of it sadly.

Do we know who the discovery album is?

I am assuming a Charlie Brown Xmas variant given how quickly their She and Him variant sold last year and the near universal appeal of that album. I'd love a dented and dinged sale, that's usually great value.
Natalie Hemby

I like Natalie Hemby, though it's another annoying thing for me where they like to put a signed version in the shop and an unsigned version in Discovery. Why not add a little motivation there or at least allow for a buy-up for the signed?

I like Natalie Hemby, though it's another annoying thing for me where they like to put a signed version in the shop and an unsigned version in Discovery. Why not add a little motivation there or at least allow for a buy-up for the signed?

Why reward members when they can charge $12 more in the store?

I guess this is it. Sigh.

ebbf-banner_300x300.png

Why reward members when they can charge $12 more in the store?

Yep. Honestly, the lack of incentive for members is really a big issue for this club. I feel like Secretly, VMP, etc. club members get a lot more in terms of that element beyond just the track choices.

The sale is...eh. Like, 2x points is pretty nice with the discount and 20% off makes some shop items in line with other retailers. It does exclude pre-orders though. I am also unsure if it combines with coupons. Usually Magnolia doesn't stack but with this being an inset discount it may. Some records are priced decently already and get to a good point (Lorde's Solar Power, Chvrches Screen Vioence) and others may be nice to grab at the discount (Dawes Nothing is Wrong) if they apply. Just testing it out, I put Screen Violence, Failer (Orange), Nothing is Wrong, and Celeste's debut in the cart and it came out to about $105 shipped prior to any discount codes which is pretty good for those albums, and then you'd get about $10 in points for a future purchase..

Mathing it out, points are basically $5 back for every $100 spent on future purchases, so 2x points turns that to $5 for $50. It can add up but it doesn't stack with Magnolia's discount codes so its utility is limited and probably best spent on pre-orders.

Last edited:
Back