Magnolia Record Club

I got my shipping notice for an album I didn't want. (Amerikinda) That's what I get for turning my sub back on a day too early I guess.
I keep thinking I'll quit altogether, but when I saw the upcoming Brandi Carlile I unpaused my subscription. This is my mistake of course, not thinking very clearly lately.
FWIW, the Brandi album is the indie exclusive available at any indie store.

Magnolia has been so quiet lately, seems like they were doing multiple exclusives a week for a while there. Now we have went almost a month without even a post in this thread.

Birdtalker for disco is cool. Also, quite liked last month’s records. Amerikinda is more cohesive than I would have expected.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything new or great in swaps this month. I have went two months without Magnolia. Deciding if I need to sign back up.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything new or great in swaps this month. I have went two months without Magnolia. Deciding if I need to sign back up.

So using just their new tag

Headwaters (Limtied Clearwater) - Alexa Rose
Cease to Begin - Band of Horses
For Emma Forever Ago - Bon Iver
Gregory Alan Isakov with the Colorado Orchestra
The Christmas Spirit - Johnny Cash
In Heaven (Acid Pink) - Strand of Oaks
Carrie & Lowell - Sufjan Stevens
All of It Was Mine (Anniversary Bone) - The Weather Report

They've been adding ones over the months so I'm unsure if any August or September new items would speak you

So using just their new tag

Headwaters (Limtied Clearwater) - Alexa Rose
Cease to Begin - Band of Horses
For Emma Forever Ago - Bon Iver
Gregory Alan Isakov with the Colorado Orchestra
The Christmas Spirit - Johnny Cash
In Heaven (Acid Pink) - Strand of Oaks
Carrie & Lowell - Sufjan Stevens
All of It Was Mine (Anniversary Bone) - The Weather Report

They've been adding ones over the months so I'm unsure if any August or September new items would speak you

Thanks. I'll probably sign back up. They really have the new Alexa Rose on colored vinyl? I already own it but people should jump all over that. She is wonderful.

Thanks. I'll probably sign back up. They really have the new Alexa Rose on colored vinyl? I already own it but people should jump all over that. She is wonderful.

Yeah that one surprised me. Of note, I feel like a very similar or the same variant is on her Bandcamp (on Bandcamp Friday) for $20 , I am guessing shipping brings it to the same realm.

Edit: Great rec BTW, just put it on blind and immediately am digging the vibe and voice to it. Feels a bit like a Waxahatchee and Julien Baker style singer with a bit of a lighter voice. Super good.

Last edited:
Did you order the signed one? They were clear and they must be doing a second pressing. I got my copy. If you ordered the alternate cover, it is just the clear vinyl with a signed promo photo.
Nope, just the regular magnolia sub version. Which is the indie version available everywhere right now.

ZsNLoy-3CttHnH6qmvz6CwP86b4AU0EOxFH855BeEufaUKPI1FuBOmHAryfOiWfemMZ-I_H7ERnynuUsU0MMWlyZKqsZPvVNAPyhjV0IgFD4SAjuKnPcr1HwOKZIcF1T7bBj6CXfiKuCtZk86T0Rm1N-9cpxJg4=s0-d-e1-ft

blueberry-mint_300x300.png

Back