Magnolia Record Club

1623780503763.png

DC3E19EA-0991-426E-AA0D-9D3B65A957ED.jpeg

I don’t usually preorder, but how does magnolia work? Sold a bunch of stuff to my local, and want to use the money on things I want. I’m really wanting NTB and Willie Nelson. Do they hold shipments until everything is out, or do they send when they become available?

I don’t usually preorder, but how does magnolia work? Sold a bunch of stuff to my local, and want to use the money on things I want. I’m really wanting NTB and Willie Nelson. Do they hold shipments until everything is out, or do they send when they become available?
If you order them all together, they won't ship until the last item is available.

No official announcement yet but July is

ROTM: Yola - Stand For Myself
Discovery: Hiss Golden Messenger - Quietly Blowing It.

I think it's a skip only because I can get a variant of Yola from Grimey's signed for roughly the same price and the Magnolia variant is kind of blah from the little image I saw in the Manage Sub portion of the site, though I will finish HGM before I make that call. It's a good pairing honestly.

Edit: To be clear, I think Yola/HGM is one of my favorite "pairings" in recent months, and Joseph/Allison Russell was similarly great. The curation has been quite good the past couple months and I hope we can keep it up.

Last edited:
No official announcement yet but July is

ROTM: Yola - Stand For Myself
Discovery: Hiss Golden Messenger - Quietly Blowing It.

I think it's a skip only because I can get a variant of Yola from Grimey's signed for roughly the same price and the Magnolia variant is kind of blah from the little image I saw in the Manage Sub portion of the site, though I will finish HGM before I make that call. It's a good pairing honestly.
Very happy about this.

That was my March experience. Order lost and then fulfilled after email in two packages. Then April I skipped and got a record anyway. Definitely some weirdness with their portal but they made it right in the end at least
yeah, I just got a ship notice for a Joseph album I didn't pay for. Might be time to upgrade their portal again.

yeah, I just got a ship notice for a Joseph album I didn't pay for. Might be time to upgrade their portal again.

And I skipped on the portal the month before and they charged me anyway. They have great exclusives but their portal leaves something to be desired, then again you are getting a free record.

Back