Magnolia Record Club

I mean it doesn’t sound terrible. It just sounds like they scream through the first quarter of it.

So I finally got mine cleaned and gave the first few tracks a spin. It didn’t sound like it was too off what I’d expect from a live performance by them, though there were moments where I felt like there was some harshness relative to my expectations. I think it was just a mixture of their vocal style which can be forceful and maybe a particular mastering decision, but I get what you’re saying for sure. You’re not off on that at all. Especially on tracks 2 and 3.

So I finally got mine cleaned and gave the first few tracks a spin. It didn’t sound like it was too off what I’d expect from a live performance by them, though there were moments where I felt like there was some harshness relative to my expectations. I think it was just a mixture of their vocal style which can be forceful and maybe a particular mastering decision, but I get what you’re saying for sure. You’re not off on that at all. Especially on tracks 2 and 3.
Good to know I’m not (completely) crazy. Second spin now, yes tracks 2 and 3 are the most offensive. It happens from time to time elsewhere. This is also a prime example of why everything doesn’t belong on vinyl.

It's not the worst weekend if you having something you want from the Magnolia Webstore. Double Loyalty Points all weekend. Normally it's $5 per $100 points (dollars), so you can functionally get 10% back in points this weekend and add in a discount code to lower the initial cost. The points are limited since, well, you can't use them with discount codes to double up but it's nice to have if you're missing discount codes.

Well that's two months I can safely skip. Amerikinda is just a preference deal but to not get their own exclusive for Brandi but still roll it out as RotM is not a precedent I love.

Last edited:
I didn't even catch that it was the Indie Store exclusive version. That's definitely pretty lame, but kinda par for the course for Magnolia at this point. I hadn't pre-ordered it yet, so I'll get it still.

If reusing already available variants keeps the presses moving instead of every big release having a gazillion variants, I’m all for it. Ultimately I’d rather then curate albums I want to hear more than unique colors

Generally agreed, but their first selling point is
  • Every record is a member exclusive, limited-edition pressing.
So I don't think Magnolia really has that flexibility imo, much like VMP.

They really missed the boat, not having a blue variant for Brandi’s new album. Swaps are meh this month as well.

Back