Magnolia Record Club

1615915257714.png

1615915290075.png

View attachment 92182

View attachment 92183

That Secret Sisters record is their best. It was perfect music for this past year.

1616166599473.png

CLUB MEMBERS! Outside Child UNISIGNED is the June 2021 Artist Discovery pick! Between June 1-31, add the yellow vinyl to your box for just $20.​

Magnolia variant of Lord Huron is already sold out. This definitely should have been a record of the month. Speaking of that, I have no clue what next months ROTM could be?

I'm not hugely shocked it sold out with the pricing gaffe but it definitely should have been a RotM.

I don't think I've gotten a single Magnolia prediction right yet, so let's try. At this point I think we can rule out a fourth straight Dualtone given the only April Dualtone release already has a store exclusive posted.

Nothing seems to fit quite right on the 4/30 release date: Ashley Monroe is probably too straight country, Girl in Red and Birdy a off Magnolia's path. For 4/23, I doubt they choose a re-pressing as a RotM so Sarah Jarosz is likely out. Maggie Rogers is supposedly set for an April date at this point which seems viable but unlikely given it's only there due to a pressing delay, Dino Jr. is Secretly. Delta Rae doesn't have the profile any more I don't think. CSara Watkins is a March release so it'd be odd for it to be an April option. Citizen Cope? That's the only name that I know on these release lists who doesn't seem to have a compelling factor against it.

Maybe there's some surprise.

Edit: Girl in Red is on the website too.

Back