Magnolia Record Club

Can't be mad with Manchester Orchestra as a selection but I didn't see it coming. I'll probably swap (if something I really want comes in, in retrospect should have taken the Pumas for March and then swapped in Shakey this month)/skip as they were never really my jam overall but prominence wise they're in the right wheelhouse.

Edit: Yeah, pretty solidly in a skip unless they add more to the swaps for the month.

Last edited:
I’m not wrong in this seems like an odd choice right, I’m down for it but say what now?

Definitely more on the rock side of things for Magnolia and less on the Americana but the release calendar was really light for April. I already preordered a signed purple copy through Barnes and Noble. There are a ton of variants for this record. More intrigued by the Discovery as it is someone I have never heard of.

View attachment 92992

How is this sold out already and Prine is not? I am hoping they are holding some back for swaps or something because this would be a great swap title. Everything else in swaps right now is kind of meh.

1617812141974.png

Restock in case someone is interested.

1617978294397.jpeg

My mega box came today (this month’s plus Schultz)

MRC is doing a customer satisfaction survey on Instagram.
Was it packed in a single mailer? I suggested them let us add store exclusives to our boxes but I’ll believe it when it see it.

Was it packed in a single mailer?
Yes, but I don’t think it was the regular mailer. June got the smallest crease.

Rest seem okay. Schultz has a slight dish. Don’t think it came from the mailer though. Graves has freaking thick book, so lord knows what kind of whack ness that has. Haven’t gotten it or June on the table yet.

The first lp of Graves is one of the sharpest looking variants I own.

Was it packed in a single mailer? I suggested them let us add store exclusives to our boxes but I’ll believe it when it see it.
As a new member, this probably confirms one of my questions about the club: members don’t get free shipping on items in the store, right? Like adding it to the monthly shipment?

As a new member, this probably confirms one of my questions about the club: members don’t get free shipping on items in the store, right? Like adding it to the monthly shipment?

They do not. That is a really good value-added thing they could do and I'd certainly pay a bit more on the sub to have the option to add store items to my box, alas, it's not to be yet.

It was an item I added on to my survey from them. I probably should've filled that out while in a better mood but you know life doesn't always let that happen.

Last edited:
Hmmm... the Prine came from Washington. I got a five dollar credit for the survey, bought Firewatcher’s Daughter because why not. It’s come from Washington as well. They must have a new third party distribution deal.

Back