Magnolia Record Club

I'm pretty bummed about the Wesley Shultz delay. I think I'll swap for Piano Piano this month and then grab Wesley next month. I just hope it's available because Vignettes was the whole reason I subscribed to the club haha I don't know their history with things selling out or how long they typically stay available.

I'm pretty bummed about the Wesley Shultz delay. I think I'll swap for Piano Piano this month and then grab Wesley next month. I just hope it's available because Vignettes was the whole reason I subscribed to the club haha I don't know their history with things selling out or how long they typically stay available.
What delay?

What delay?
View attachment 89480

Edit: looks like I'm having the same image upload issue others are having. Here's the text from the email I received last night.

Hello members,

We were informed today that due to the weather last week and ongoing COVID-19 complications, Wesley Schultz - Vignettes will not even arrive at our warehouse until the end of March. There is little any of us can do but wait, but we are sorry for the disappointment. We're right there with you!

The plan is to ship these in next month's box alongside the next featured record. However, if you do not want to wait for a record this time, we recommend swapping out this month in your account. You have until 11:59pm CST on Sunday, February 28th to make that change.

This title will be available for swaps in future months, so you won't be missing out forever. We're sure it will be worth the wait.

Thanks for your understanding and patience! Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

--

Magnolia Team

PS. We got our hands on a digital version of the record. We are very excited that we can share a download link with you on March 1!

View attachment 89480

Edit: looks like I'm having the same image upload issue others are having. Here's the text from the email I received last night.

Hello members,

We were informed today that due to the weather last week and ongoing COVID-19 complications, Wesley Schultz - Vignettes will not even arrive at our warehouse until the end of March. There is little any of us can do but wait, but we are sorry for the disappointment. We're right there with you!

The plan is to ship these in next month's box alongside the next featured record. However, if you do not want to wait for a record this time, we recommend swapping out this month in your account. You have until 11:59pm CST on Sunday, February 28th to make that change.

This title will be available for swaps in future months, so you won't be missing out forever. We're sure it will be worth the wait.

Thanks for your understanding and patience! Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

--

Magnolia Team

PS. We got our hands on a digital version of the record. We are very excited that we can share a download link with you on March 1!
Huh. I didn’t get the email, weird.

Feels unlikely to me given they handled Jeremiah Fraites well as an add on (and he was in swaps this month) and I think they still had some Lumineers in swaps too. I would imagine it's a plant issue. I know my February-wish (Maggie Rogers) was indefinitely delayed on the pressing so I'm wondering if it's just plant limitations with COVID.

Feels unlikely to me given they handled Jeremiah Fraites well as an add on (and he was in swaps this month) and I think they still had some Lumineers in swaps too. I would imagine it's a plant issue. I know my February-wish (Maggie Rogers) was indefinitely delayed on the pressing so I'm wondering if it's just plant limitations with COVID.

I am guessing if you are a long time subscriber you’ll get your Wesley Schultz on time because I haven’t heard the slightest thing about a delay. And if it were an everyone issue, it seems like they would have told everyone before the end of the month.

I am guessing if you are a long time subscriber you’ll get your Wesley Schultz on time because I haven’t heard the slightest thing about a delay. And if it were an everyone issue, it seems like they would have told everyone before the end of the month.
I got the delay email and I'd consider myself a long time subscriber.

The vinyl looks exceedingly cool and I love all the extras included, it makes me wish I liked Shakey Graves more to be honest.

Gonna think on this and see if I want to go for it this month.

I really miss Vinyl Den (Dualtone) record club, by far my favorite of them all. Magnolia is ok, but I find that I swap or skip the aotm. Shakey Graves will not be skipped.

It’s nothing against Magnolia specifically, I just cant get behind these label specific subs. I cant think of any label that I like almost every release for, plus its easy to get a different variant or even the store specific one as a standalone without the hassle of the sub.
I wish they would print more OOP titles like Brandi Carlile ‘The Story’ since I like the back catalogue enough just a new release variant sub bloats up my collection for no reason. Especially with VMP Country finally around, theres no reason I can see to ever jump back on MRC as opposed to just buying what I want from their store.

It’s nothing against Magnolia specifically, I just cant get behind these label specific subs. I cant think of any label that I like almost every release for, plus its easy to get a different variant or even the store specific one as a standalone without the hassle of the sub.
I wish they would print more OOP titles like Brandi Carlile ‘The Story’ since I like the back catalogue enough just a new release variant sub bloats up my collection for no reason. Especially with VMP Country finally around, theres no reason I can see to ever jump back on MRC as opposed to just buying what I want from their store.

In their defense, the release calendar for early 2021 has been really light but I do agree some back catalog country releases would be nice. The Story is coming up on 15 years next year so maybe they'll do a Deluxe version next year.

also, my items from the lightly loved sale came in: of the five, two seem to have a discernible issue - one (Margo Price All American Made) has a gash on the spine and one (Julien Baker) has a couple crushed corners. No issues I can discern on Brandi Carlile's Firewatcher's Daughter other than it seems shrinkwrapped twice. No issues on the other Margo and the Waits compilation is in shrink, but has been opened and they sent me the ROTM version and not the one I ordered. Good haul for $12/each.

Back