Magnolia Record Club

So, just a general opinion question since I find the N&G Folks are more reasonable on this than my instincts are. How long should I wait on Dolly, given I have tracking info before I pester them about it and possibly asking for a replacement shipment. Tracking wise

12/4: Label printing
12/16: Accepted at Old Hickory and Memphis
12/27: Departed Memphis
12/31: "In Transit, Arriving Late".

At this point it's the 6th and really pointless for seasonal play, so I'm not exactly in a rush on it, but I'm also noticing other things I've ordered much later shipped via media mail are coming regularly. Should I just wait it out (which is what I'm leaning towards) or should I take the departure from Memphis with no arrival scan 10 days ago as a problematic note.

So, just a general opinion question since I find the N&G Folks are more reasonable on this than my instincts are. How long should I wait on Dolly, given I have tracking info before I pester them about it and possibly asking for a replacement shipment. Tracking wise

At this point it's the 6th and really pointless for seasonal play, so I'm not exactly in a rush on it, but I'm also noticing other things I've ordered much later shipped via media mail are coming regularly. Should I just wait it out (which is what I'm leaning towards) or should I take the departure from Memphis with no arrival scan 10 days ago as a problematic note.
Mine hasn’t progressed since label printed. They suggested I start a Usps trace as a first step in response to my inquiry. All of my stuff that shipped before Christmas through usps has had some weird limbo stuff. Stuff that has shipped after is moving quickly. I’ve got two other shipments from before Christmas doing weird things.

Has anyone here gotten a random email from Magnolia saying your replacement record has been shipped? I haven’t reached about any issues since Darlingside, and received it months ago.

in my experience with these delays, I'd open a case with USPS first. The general rule is 14 total/10 business days since the accepted date for Media Mail. Things are obviously screwy due to pandemics/holidays/etc. but you do technically fall in that window. Open a case with them and pursue that option first. In a lot of cases, opening the case has proven helpful (coincidentally or otherwise) in getting the package moving. Very rarely is a package actually lost in my experience. The postal system is just thoroughly overwhelmed right now and Media Mail is the lowest class and least concern.

Well, I forgot to cancel and got a shipping notice for the next record. I've been lukewarm on Langehorne Slim to this point but hey, maybe I'll love the new one.

I'm presuming that's the Spotify Singles and not Langhorne.
Wow, I have clearly not been paying attention since I joined. I guess because Dolly took so long to show up I skimmed over a month or something. This release seems pretty cool....and I can pause it after that. Thanks!

Got a notification because I have the discovery track that my box won’t be shipped until the 18th and will be shipped priority.

I did the package tracking and they came back fairly quickly with "not lost, but delayed", so all I can do is give it more time I guess. I appreciate the advice though, good to have in the back pocket.

I did the package tracking and they came back fairly quickly with "not lost, but delayed", so all I can do is give it more time I guess. I appreciate the advice though, good to have in the back pocket.
The tracking request was sent to my po, which is funny given that all I have is a label printed and then ghost.

And immediately after it started moving and arrived and it's only got a minor superficial chip, phew Thanks for the advice all!

Last edited:
Usps got back to me today and said well we show we never got it. So you know, sent that email to Magnolia to see what’s next.

I got my Magnolia Spotify record yesterday, 6 days after getting Dolly.

I think I'll like the batch of tunes on this, but is it common for Magnolia to do a compilation?

1610467982629.png

These 13 will be Magnolia Record Club's Artist Discovery pick for February 2021. Join the club HERE and you can add this album to your box for just $20 starting FEBRUARY 1ST!

We're so excited to offer vinyl of These 13, the new collaboration by folk greats Andrew Bird and Jimbo Mathus, along with an exclusive signed print of the album artwork only for the Magnolia community! This is the first time in decades that Mathus and Bird have collaborated.

View attachment 83467

These 13 will be Magnolia Record Club's Artist Discovery pick for February 2021. Join the club HERE and you can add this album to your box for just $20 starting FEBRUARY 1ST!

We're so excited to offer vinyl of These 13, the new collaboration by folk greats Andrew Bird and Jimbo Mathus, along with an exclusive signed print of the album artwork only for the Magnolia community! This is the first time in decades that Mathus and Bird have collaborated.

WELP, Guess I have to email into Andrew's store to cancel my preorder from this morning. Saves me $17!

Back