Magnolia Record Club

Everybody get their Dolly record? What is the consensus on next months record of the month, feel like we could be looking at another comp personally.

Everybody get their Dolly record? What is the consensus on next months record of the month, feel like we could be looking at another comp personally.
Morgan and I have not. Neither show movement from Old Hickory. If I don’t have movement by Friday, I’ll email them. Crap has randomly started moving in my informed delivery though so I’m kind of hopeful it will follow suit.

Morgan and I have not. Neither show movement from Old Hickory. If I don’t have movement by Friday, I’ll email them. Crap has randomly started moving in my informed delivery though so I’m kind of hopeful it will follow suit.
Likewise nothing yet. I am hoping soon since I think mine got north of the Mason Dixon

I cannot believe you guys have not got you ROTM then again I have packages not moving that were mailed in early December so it makes sense.

It's my first month as a member and I haven't gotten it. I know It's not 100% on them, but it's not a great start to my membership.

1609504927863.png

January 2021

Langhorne Slim - Strawberry Mansion​

SHIPPING BETWEEN FEBRUARY 1-7

The Record​

Welcome to Strawberry Mansion.
This is a collection of 18 songs written in March, April and May of 2020. The beginning of a new world. The unraveling of an old one. A wildly strange time where we’ve found ourselves collectively holding our breath, learning how best to exhale again. Up until this point, I hadn’t finished a song in quite some time. Like many have before and I suppose many will after, I feared I might not write one again. But then they came and they came quickly. Almost as quickly as we recorded em. Keep it simple I’d tell myself. I keep telling myself that. Mat was in Austin and Paul down the street at home in Nashville. All of us doing our best versions of a quarantined life amidst a global pandemic. I called the boys and they were down to play. If that ain’t brotherhood I don’t know what is and I started to exhale a bit.
Strawberry Mansion is the neighborhood in Philly that my grandfathers Jack + Sid grew up in. It’s become a place of myths for me. A place that’s dirty but sweet, tough but full of love. Where giants roamed the earth + had names like Whistle + Curly.
These songs and these friends are gifts from the spirits and I’m wildly grateful for em all. It’s a mad world indeed but there’s beauty in the madness. Always + forever.
With fiery love from us to you.
Yours in curiosity, confusion + song,

View attachment 82096

January 2021

Langhorne Slim - Strawberry Mansion​

SHIPPING BETWEEN FEBRUARY 1-7

The Record​

Welcome to Strawberry Mansion.
This is a collection of 18 songs written in March, April and May of 2020. The beginning of a new world. The unraveling of an old one. A wildly strange time where we’ve found ourselves collectively holding our breath, learning how best to exhale again. Up until this point, I hadn’t finished a song in quite some time. Like many have before and I suppose many will after, I feared I might not write one again. But then they came and they came quickly. Almost as quickly as we recorded em. Keep it simple I’d tell myself. I keep telling myself that. Mat was in Austin and Paul down the street at home in Nashville. All of us doing our best versions of a quarantined life amidst a global pandemic. I called the boys and they were down to play. If that ain’t brotherhood I don’t know what is and I started to exhale a bit.
Strawberry Mansion is the neighborhood in Philly that my grandfathers Jack + Sid grew up in. It’s become a place of myths for me. A place that’s dirty but sweet, tough but full of love. Where giants roamed the earth + had names like Whistle + Curly.
These songs and these friends are gifts from the spirits and I’m wildly grateful for em all. It’s a mad world indeed but there’s beauty in the madness. Always + forever.
With fiery love from us to you.
Yours in curiosity, confusion + song,
I called it!!

THIS MONTH'S ADD-ON: MOON TAXI​

Moon-Taxi-BG-400x400.jpg

We’re excited to offer our members an exclusive magenta vinyl copy of Moon Taxi’s new album Silver Dream to add to their boxes!

I'd normally agree, it's just hard to understate how effed over the USPS is right now. I think Magnolia (based on ever reliable FB convos) is asking people to contact them if not in by the end of the first week of Jan. Mine took twelve days to get to Memphis and then 11 more to leave Memphis and has been in transit since.

I'm letting Nov and Dec roll right now, though if shipping continues to be this bad I'll probably pause until USPS sorts it out.

It's also a tiny bit odd that other records I've ordered later from individuals and other companies did get here more quickly, but the particular hub close to Magnolia has its own horror stories it seems.

Last edited:
I'd normally agree, it's just hard to understate how effed over the USPS is right now. I think Magnolia (based on ever reliable FB convos) is asking people to contact them if not in by the end of the first week of Jan. Mine took twelve days to get to Memphis and then 11 more to leave Memphis and has been in transit since.

I'm letting Nov and Dec roll right now, though if shipping continues to be this bad I'll probably pause until USPS sorts it out.

It's also a tiny bit odd that other records I've ordered later from individuals and other companies did get here more quickly, but the particular hub close to Magnolia has its own horror stories it seems.

It’s true, USPS is a mess right now and it wouldn’t be right to hold Magnolia responsible for that, and I don’t. My timing for joining was clearly bad, so I think I will pause it. I don’t want to be frustrated about another record club.

I emailed them this morning. My package has not updated since the label was printed on December 7. It normally takes about a week to get scanned at USPS and then ~ a week to get here.

Last edited:
Back