Magnolia Record Club

my Margo Price live album from them has been lost somewhere between Memphis and Chicago now for 10 days. no idea what goes on in Memphis but since covid, all of my magnolia boxes hit a black hole for two weeks between there and here haha

Memphis is a garbage hub. Every package of mine goes through there and it is always late.

Last edited:
my Margo Price live album from them has been lost somewhere between Memphis and Chicago now for 10 days. no idea what goes on in Memphis but since covid, all of my magnolia boxes hit a black hole for two weeks between there and here haha
This came today out of nowhere. Box destroyed and ripped open and then retaped. Record has no visible issues. The mail is so weird...

Mine is still in pre-shipment mode from the seventh. I’m assuming everyone got the we don’t know, the post office is all fucked email?

I received my box yesterday, but I swapped for Robert Earl Keen - Happy Prisoner.....this and Sturgill Simpson - Cuttin' Grass both showed up on the same day. This has to be some kind of sign!

I received my box yesterday, but I swapped for Robert Earl Keen - Happy Prisoner.....this and Sturgill Simpson - Cuttin' Grass both showed up on the same day. This has to be some kind of sign!
I did finally get my Sturgill but it gets to wait until after Christmas.

No Dolly yet. My first month with Magnolia isn't off to the best start, but I can't blame them, I realize it's USPS.

No Dolly yet. My first month with Magnolia isn't off to the best start, but I can't blame them, I realize it's USPS.
Likewise, not much Magnolia could do but it's rough to pay for an Xmas album that may not come by the day. I hope next time they consider it as an October RotM

Likewise, not much Magnolia could do but it's rough to pay for an Xmas album that may not come by the day. I hope next time they consider it as an October RotM
Meh. I see the idea of us getting it in November, but I’m not listening to it before Thanksgiving at best and I’d rather have something else to listen to. Usually I’ve got my record by the second week. It’s disappointing not to have it, but it’s is what it is.

I guess my theory is I usually get these between the 10th and 15th or so, so even in normal times that's still just two weeks to listen. Obviously this is a very weird year, but I wouldn't mind it two weeks too early even in normal times. Not that they could do that with this release given it came out on November 13th, just as a more general thought.

Just a bummer that's all.

Back