Magnolia Record Club

I have noticed in the past, if you keep checking the swaps up to the deadline, there is usually some additional titles added
I’ve only swapped when I had the record (or most of it in the case of the Wild Child comp.)

Anybody get a shipping notice yet? We may be listening to Christmas music next year at this rate?

Magnolia going in on the green variants, it's a nice aesthetic with the black cover art on both this and the Spotify release.

War on Drugs - Live Drugs - Magnolia Exclusive Green Galaxy Variant. Club Members for the first 24 hours and then general release for any remainder. I haven't found any consistency in what last and what doesn't. Normally unsigned variants are safe to make it to general but then you get that She and Him Candy Cane variant that went super fast.

1607447341204.png

Last edited:
Magnolia going in on the green variants, it's a nice aesthetic with the black cover art on both this and the Spotify release.

War on Drugs - Live Drugs - Magnolia Exclusive Green Galaxy Variant. Club Members for the first 24 hours and then general release for any remainder. I haven't found any consistency in what last and what doesn't. Normally unsigned variants are safe to make it to general but then you get that She and Him Candy Cane variant that went super fast.

View attachment 79401
Love this color, but already have my copy in hand so don't need this.

View attachment 79401

I try to pick up every Magnolia exclusive up but they need to slow down. I mean we are two weeks before Christmas. I don't have $30 dollars to drop once a week on Magnolia exclusives.

View attachment 79401
Anyone who has listened to this through (digitally I know) have any thoughts on the sound quality of the live tracks?

View attachment 79401

Looks like this is a pretty big pressing so it should hopefully stick around for a while. There are 680 left so I wouldn't think it would sell out too quickly.

This is the pettiest complaint I think I could have, but I really wish that Magnolia Record Store and Magnolia Record Club could talk to each other. I know the shipping/adding to a monthly box was mentioned, but even on simpler things. I shouldn't be getting emails to join the Magnolia Record Club from the Store when I'm already part of the MRC...or an email to buy a record that is OOS when the email is sent. Just a little annoying since I do prioritize their emails due to exclusives and the like.

Last edited:
Since this is my first month in Magnolia, when do we typically see the records? Middle of the month or end of the month?
I got a label created notice on the 4th, but it's still in the same status a week later.

my Margo Price live album from them has been lost somewhere between Memphis and Chicago now for 10 days. no idea what goes on in Memphis but since covid, all of my magnolia boxes hit a black hole for two weeks between there and here haha

Since this is my first month in Magnolia, when do we typically see the records? Middle of the month or end of the month?
I got a label created notice on the 4th, but it's still in the same status a week later.

Their process is generally to print shipping labels on first of the month and have them out before the 7th of the month. Then it's all USPS. Some months I've had it the 10th-14th. At the peak of COVID terrible post officeness, I got mine on the 28th of the month (albeit they had to ship Isbell a bit late to begin with based on his album release date).

My Holly Dolly is in the same status yours is: created on the 4th and not moving yet.

Their process is generally to print shipping labels on first of the month and have them out before the 7th of the month. Then it's all USPS. Some months I've had it the 10th-14th. At the peak of COVID terrible post officeness, I got mine on the 28th of the month (albeit they had to ship Isbell a bit late to begin with based on his album release date).

My Holly Dolly is in the same status yours is: created on the 4th and not moving yet.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm not optimistic I'll see it very soon with the way USPS has been, good thing I have plenty of other X-mas records to spin.

Back