Magnolia Record Club

I finally joined today. I really want the Dolly record so I only started with monthly. We'll see what happens in thirty days...

It is my most consistent club, been a member since its inception and they have only gotten better. Lots of store exclusives and great customer service. I do wish they would have more country releases and back catalog stuff but that is a small gripe. Sure beats VMP and much cheaper as well. Have no clue what next month will be, literally the only thing I think it could be would be that new Maggie Rogers record but who knows.

Last edited:
1606758550766.png

I am hoping Maggie is the pick. December is a hard month, she has history, and would be a very easy keep.

Monthly is the best bet. $24 more if you take all 12 months and cheaper if you skip one or more. I was on a skip fest but Dolly feels very safe to go with

I am hoping Maggie is the pick. December is a hard month, she has history, and would be a very easy keep.

Monthly is the best bet. $24 more if you take all 12 months and cheaper if you skip one or more. I was on a skip fest but Dolly feels very safe to go with

I wouldn't mine seeing Sturgill Simpson as the pick but I have already preordered it.

December 2020

Magnolia Record Club Presents: Spotify Singles​

SHIPPING BETWEEN JANUARY 1-7

The Record​

December 2020’s Record of the Month is Magnolia Record Club Presents: Spotify Singles!
This compilation is the first ever pressing of Spotify Singles to vinyl, and we’re thrilled to be able to offer it to our club members as the last record of the month for 2020! And how cool is the ghostly green vinyl?
You’ll hear new and unique renditions of classic songs by Tom Petty, Neil Young, The Cure, and more done by many artists we’ve featured on the club in the past – The Lumineers, Phoebe Bridgers, Mt. Joy, Rayland Baxter, Judah & The Lion, and many more!
Join the club by 12/31 and get the ghostly green vinyl, only available through the club!

1606834095334.png

Tracklist​

Side A
  1. Have You Ever Seen The Rain (CCR) – The Lumineers
  2. Amsterdam (Gregory Alan Isakov) – Mandolin Orange
  3. Harvest Moon (Neil Young) – Lord Huron
  4. Strangers (The Kinks) – Rayland Baxter
  5. Friday I’m In Love (The Cure) – Phoebe Bridgers
Side B
  1. Don’t Let It Bring You Down (Neil Young) – Mt. Joy
  2. I Won’t Back Down (Tom Petty) – Judah & The Lion
  3. Be Kind To Me (Michael Hurley) – Langhorne Slim
  4. Wish I Had Not Said That (JJ Cale) – Phosphorescent
  5. When Doves Cry (Prince) – Sarah Jarosz

THIS MONTH'S ADD-ON: JEREMIAH FRAITES​

Piano-400x400.jpg

01) Departure
02) Chilly
03) Tokyo
04) Maggie
05) Nearsighted
06) Dreams
07) Possessed
08) An Air That Kills
09) Simplest of Matters
10) Pyromaniac
11) Arrival
12) Lullaby (Bonus Track – Vinyl Only)
07-14624_THE_LUMINEERS_1621-800x533.jpg

We’re excited to offer our members an exclusive bone vinyl copy of Jeremiah Fraites’ solo debut album Piano Piano to add to their boxes!​

This compilation is the first ever pressing of Spotify Singles to vinyl
Yeahhh, not true Magnolia. Maybe for these specific SS songs, but not for Spotify Singles as a whole.

Big ol yawn for this compilation, but nothing in swaps that I'd want except maybe another Drew Holcomb live album.

Yeahhh, not true Magnolia. Maybe for these specific SS songs, but not for Spotify Singles as a whole.

Big ol yawn for this compilation, but nothing in swaps that I'd want except maybe another Drew Holcomb live album.

Yeah, you had to know a compilation was coming. Truly the only compilation they have had this year. I mean the Rayland Baxter was sort of a comp. I think I am going to swap for the Drew Holcomb live album though and I hardly ever swap. I just rarely re listen to comps.

Yeah, you had to know a compilation was coming. Truly the only compilation they have had this year. I mean the Rayland Baxter was sort of a comp. I think I am going to swap for the Drew Holcomb live album though and I hardly ever swap. I just rarely re listen to comps.
I listen to the Come On Up to The House comp a bunch. In fact my wife commented that I like it more than actual Waits. Lol. I then had to remind her that I only have Closing Time on vinyl.

Yeah, definitely figured it was coming. Leaning towards swap since I'm in the same boat as you re: listening to comps.

Yep, that's a great one. I guess I should have mentioned that I have most of the swaptions already. 😂
That Cobb just missed my top ten this year and I’m fairly certain Stapleton would have knocked Shabaka out given a little more time.

Back