Magnolia Record Club

After bouncing around Chicago's postal system for 24 days, my box finally came today. Already loved that Futurebirds album so glad to have it and digging the Rayland Baxter album on first listen.

1588310112600.png

MAY 2020
Rearrange Us - Mt. Joy
Ships between June 1-7
The Record
May 2020’s Record of the Month is the sophomore album by California rock band Mt. Joy!
We’re so excited to offer our members this incredible album. Following up the enormous success Mt. Joy’s self-titled debut enjoyed, including a #1 single at Triple A radio, they hit the road with the likes of The Lumineers, Rainbow Kitten Surprise, and many more artists. Along the way, they wrote the songs for Rearrange Us, a sonically rich and adventurous album that really shows the growth this band has experienced through their career thus far, with sophisticated arrangements and instrumentation, as well as their trademark honest songwriting and highly sing-able hooks.
Join the club by 5/31 and get the exclusive translucent neon yellow vinyl, only available through the club!

THIS MONTH'S DISCOVERY: LITTLE COMETS

1588310243827.png
Famed for their impromptu gigs in unorthodox venues, North East four-piece Little Comets’ blend of tricky percussive rhythms and Afro-beat-tinged guitars has seen them labeled as the British Vampire Weekend. Hailing from Sunderland and Newcastle, brothers Robert (lead vocals, guitar) and Michael (lead guitar) Coles, bassist Matt Hall, and drummer Mark Harle formed the band in 2008. With influences as varied as Debussy, Paul Simon, and Roald Dahl, they released their first single, “One Night in October,” a year later, which reached number three in the U.K. indie charts. Inspired by a YouTube video of a busker singing Michael Jackson songs on the New York subway, the group decided to showcase its sound with spontaneous live shows in places as diverse as university lecture halls, the Metro, and the bakery aisle of a Marks & Spencer store. After supporting the Twang, Hockey, and the Noisettes on their U.K. tours, they traveled to France to record their self-produced debut album. “Isles,” their first single with independent label Dirty Hit Ltd., was released at the end of 2010. In May 2011, drummer Mark Harle announced he was leaving the band. They re-grouped and released their second studio album Life Is Elsewhere in October 2012 with Dualtone. For the third record, 2015’s Hope Is Just a State of Mind, the band switched to the Smallest Label, which would also release their fourth studio album, Worhead, in 2017.

THIS MONTH'S DISCOVERY: LITTLE COMETS

View attachment 44066
Famed for their impromptu gigs in unorthodox venues, North East four-piece Little Comets’ blend of tricky percussive rhythms and Afro-beat-tinged guitars has seen them labeled as the British Vampire Weekend. Hailing from Sunderland and Newcastle, brothers Robert (lead vocals, guitar) and Michael (lead guitar) Coles, bassist Matt Hall, and drummer Mark Harle formed the band in 2008. With influences as varied as Debussy, Paul Simon, and Roald Dahl, they released their first single, “One Night in October,” a year later, which reached number three in the U.K. indie charts. Inspired by a YouTube video of a busker singing Michael Jackson songs on the New York subway, the group decided to showcase its sound with spontaneous live shows in places as diverse as university lecture halls, the Metro, and the bakery aisle of a Marks & Spencer store. After supporting the Twang, Hockey, and the Noisettes on their U.K. tours, they traveled to France to record their self-produced debut album. “Isles,” their first single with independent label Dirty Hit Ltd., was released at the end of 2010. In May 2011, drummer Mark Harle announced he was leaving the band. They re-grouped and released their second studio album Life Is Elsewhere in October 2012 with Dualtone. For the third record, 2015’s Hope Is Just a State of Mind, the band switched to the Smallest Label, which would also release their fourth studio album, Worhead, in 2017.

I am all about new music but I hope Artist Discovery doesn't become a place for Dualtone's back catalog.

I am all about new music but I hope Artist Discovery doesn't become a place for Dualtone's back catalog.

Apparently this record is OOP and goes for a decent amount on Discogs so maybe a repressing a record from 2012 was needed.

I was just implying I hope Magnolia doesn't use this as vessel to move old stock of their back catalog. Too many non Dualtone artists that need to be spotlighted here.
I know... just every time a Dualtone album gets picked now... there is a similar voicing. Maybe the club should have just kept the fact that Dualtone was doing fulfillment quiet.

VMP is doing an exclusive of the new Becca Mancari..

I know a lot of people loved when she was a Discovery pick so FYI

I think I like the pink better. Seems like it goes better with the artwork.

1588783728998.png

1588785049739.png

Magnolia trying to bankrupt me.

View attachment 45307

Magnolia trying to bankrupt me.

@Lee Newman @Djxfactor511 You guys going with this one? The one directly from her webstore is cheaper but this one is autographed.

Back