Magnolia Record Club

ALSO, HOLY FUCK!!!!!
That’s interesting. I swear she just posted something the other day about new music coming on a different label. Either way, I am here for it. Mildly related, the video for “Change the Sheets” was mostly shot in my town. One shot goes right by my office.

Last edited:
1580537880645.jpeg

February 2020’s Record of the Month is the first solo album in nearly seven years by Nathaniel Rateliff – And It’s Still Alright.

Inspired partly by the end of a relationship and the death of friend and Night Sweats collaborator Richard Swift, the songs on And It’s Still Alright passionately and urgently speak to finding hope through dark times and staying strong through struggle, all in Rateliff’s trademark soulful voice.

Join the club by 2/29 and get the exclusive white vinyl, only available through the club!

THIS MONTH'S DISCOVERY: TYSON MOTSENBOCKER

1580538093578.jpeg

Tyson Motsenbocker is a singer songwriter from Central Washington. Since his relocation to Southern California, Motsenbocker has released one full-length record and two EPs. His second album, Someday I’ll Make It All Up To You, is due for release on Tooth & Nail Records in early 2020.

Add Someday I'll Make It All Up To You (Exclusive Blue Vinyl) to your box!

THIS MONTH'S DISCOVERY: TYSON MOTSENBOCKER

View attachment 31073

Tyson Motsenbocker is a singer songwriter from Central Washington. Since his relocation to Southern California, Motsenbocker has released one full-length record and two EPs. His second album, Someday I’ll Make It All Up To You, is due for release on Tooth & Nail Records in early 2020.

Add Someday I'll Make It All Up To You (Exclusive Blue Vinyl) to your box!

I've told this story before, but I saw him open for Switchfoot last year and he spent more time telling stories than he did playing music. Wasn't impressed. Think this'll be the first discovery pick I'll be skipping in a while.

I've told this story before, but I saw him open for Switchfoot last year and he spent more time telling stories than he did playing music.

This was also my experience last time I saw Adele. Like cool I'm glad you found a middle schooler on youtube who sings one of your songs OH SO WELL but I didn't pay $120 to hear about her. There's a fine, fine line when it comes to the appropriate amount of audience banter.

This was also my experience last time I saw Adele. Like cool I'm glad you found a middle schooler on youtube who sings one of your songs OH SO WELL but I didn't pay $120 to hear about her. There's a fine, fine line when it comes to the appropriate amount of audience banter.

I don't have problem with it as long as it is relevant. Like I have no problem with artists telling me the story behind a song, but I don't want to hear some random information about nothing.

View attachment 32324

We just couldn't wait to tell you...
Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit's new album Reunions is going to be April's Record of the Month on exclusive green vinyl! It will be on members' doorsteps between May 1-7.
Surprise!

Where did you see this by the way? I didn't see it on their Twitter, Facebook or Instagram accounts.

Has March been announced? With Feb as Rateliff and Isbell as April, I could be convinced to do a 3 month plan if we knew March...

It has not. I have no clue what March will be since their aren't any big releases that month. Here are the Country Americana releases for March and early April.

March 6: Ron Pope, Bone Structure
March 6: Sadler Vaden, Anybody Out There?
March 6: The Panhandlers, The Panhandlers
March 6: Brandy Clark, Your Life Is a Record
March 6: Lauren Alaina, Getting Good EP
March 13: Caitlyn Smith, Supernova
March 13: Rachel Reinert, Into the Blue
March 20: Delta Rae, The Light
March 20: Kelsea Ballerini, Kelsea
March 27: Lilly Hiatt, Walking Proof
March 27: Jessi Alexander, Decatur County Red
March 27: Ingrid Andress, Lady Like

April

April 3: Ashley McBryde, Never Will