Magnolia Record Club

Got to thinking what the Magnolia Record of the month for February could be and thought about the new Drive By Truckers album. That would be a great choice and an out of the ordinary choice for them. I say either that or the Nathaniel Rateliff. Get ready for your Needtobreathe comp as I say this.

Any thoughts on what February's ROTM and Artist Discovery will be? I've been very pleased with Magnolia (more so than VMP, given their issues). When are they usually announced?

Any thoughts on what February's ROTM and Artist Discovery will be? I've been very pleased with Magnolia (more so than VMP, given their issues). When are they usually announced?

Nathaniel Rateliff would totally be my best guess since it comes out in the middle of February. Not a real strong new release calendar next month. If I was going to guess on the Artist Discovery, I would say the Band Camino but I may be way off.

Nathaniel Rateliff would totally be my best guess since it comes out in the middle of February. Not a real strong new release calendar next month. If I was going to guess on the Artist Discovery, I would say the Band Camino but I may be way off.
I hope you're right! I love both of those choices. Gotta see how the dice rolls, right?

Doesn’t seem encouraging for me. My biggest issue with the club recently was too much Dualtone. I don’t want this to become like Secretly Society

Vinyl Den was fun. Judging by the note, it just seems that they are just taking over fulfillment and customer service and not curation. I just think it is interesting that Vinyl Den was merged into this and now Drew is essentially giving back part of it.

As someone who was never a member of Dualtone before the merge, what should we be expecting from them? Less compilations? Less pushing of Holcomb's catalog?

Lots of Dualtone titles, about 9 a year. They definitely had more country titles since they had people like June Carter Cash, Robert Earl Keen and Guy Clark on their roster. Don't know if there will be more Dualtone titles with this merge or not. I hope not to be honest. I would prefer artists from every label and I don't need every Dualtone release. They did have a couple months were they gave us two records for $25 instead of one which was pretty awesome.

Lots of Dualtone titles, about 9 a year. They definitely had more country titles since they had people like June Carter Cash, Robert Earl Keen and Guy Clark on their roster. Don't know if there will be more Dualtone titles with this merge or not. I hope not to be honest. I would prefer artists from every label and I don't need every Dualtone release. They did have a couple months were they gave us two records for $25 instead of one which was pretty awesome.

My subscription has been on pause for the past couple months. What I really want to jump back in is:
1. More Country and Bluegrass, as opposed to just Americana and Folk-Rock every month
2. More label diversity
3. Some catalog releases as opposed to just variants of new releases (I don't see this happening)

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this one as I like a lot of the DualTone roster. Magnolia always came so close for me, then threw something like Lumineers in there that turned me off.

I'm always pretty underwhelmed by the main track, but the Discovery add-on has always kept me on board. I wish they'd split up the two subs, but I'm guessing they know how many of us would only sub to Discovery if we could.

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this one as I like a lot of the DualTone roster. Magnolia always came so close for me, then threw something like Lumineers in there that turned me off.
I love you, hatbird. You do realize The Lumineers are a Dualtone artist?

Back