Magnolia Record Club

Not sure how I feel about this Christmas Comp, the Lone Bellow Marshmallow World is downright awful. Once it gets to Longhorns Slim, I started enjoying it right to the end. But most of side a is a hard pass after one listen.

I’m not quite halfway through The Brook and the Bluff and I quite like this.

You know what would solve this problem, not having comps in the first place. I'm fulling expecting January to be Magnolia Mixtape Volume 4 with the way things have been going lately. I realize the release calendar has been light but for God sakes give me a record of a band, any band.

That's a bummer on The Lone Bellow - They're one of my favorites. Now I'm nervous about putting this on my TT.
I mean you may like it. I didn’t. I’m all for making a song your own, but this song is effervescent and the cover is basically a fucking dirge. I also really like Lone Bellow.

@Twentytwo I know you’re joking, but January is for sure Lone Bellow

I mean you may like it. I didn’t. I’m all for making a song your own, but this song is effervescent and the cover is basically a fucking dirge. I also really like Lone Bellow.

@Twentytwo I know you’re joking, but January is for sure Lone Bellow

I still think we might get Devon Gilfillian though. He may be Discovery though or February ROTM.

Can't tell if this is a Magnolia exclusive or no? Say it is exclusive on the instagram page but just say limited edition on the webstore.

1576869640804.png

Anyone in here order from Magnolia to Canada before? I placed an order during their black Friday deal and it still hasent gotten to me. Wondering if I should be concerned. tracking says it hasnt moved in a while.

1577892962036.jpeg

JANUARY 2020
HALF MOON LIGHT
SHIPPING BETWEEN FEBRUARY 1-7
The Record
Happy New Year! 2020’s first Record of the Month is ‘Half Moon Light,’ the newest album by folk-rock trio The Lone Bellow.
The band is known for their powerful performances, raw and honest songwriting, and the incredible vocal harmony between the three members. ‘Half Moon Light’ touches on life, loss, challenges, and keeping the child-like wonder about the world as we grow older, and it’s an absolutely fantastic album. We can’t wait for you to hear it.
Join the club by 1/31 and get the exclusive black and white swirl vinyl, only available through the club.

View attachment 28164

JANUARY 2020
HALF MOON LIGHT
SHIPPING BETWEEN FEBRUARY 1-7
The Record
Happy New Year! 2020’s first Record of the Month is ‘Half Moon Light,’ the newest album by folk-rock trio The Lone Bellow.
The band is known for their powerful performances, raw and honest songwriting, and the incredible vocal harmony between the three members. ‘Half Moon Light’ touches on life, loss, challenges, and keeping the child-like wonder about the world as we grow older, and it’s an absolutely fantastic album. We can’t wait for you to hear it.
Join the club by 1/31 and get the exclusive black and white swirl vinyl, only available through the club.
THIS MONTH'S DISCOVERY: DEVON GILFILLIANView attachment 28170

No surprise on either of these, but great picks nonetheless!!

So what’s the verdict on Magnolia record club guys? I’m thinking of joining this one or Secretly Society but need to get the insider scoop! How’s pressing quality, how’s CS, are records arriving in good shape, are records typically on the money or meh?

So what’s the verdict on Magnolia record club guys? I’m thinking of joining this one or Secretly Society but need to get the insider scoop! How’s pressing quality, how’s CS, are records arriving in good shape, are records typically on the money or meh?

I really like Magnolia Record Club. I’ve been a member since November 2018. They give you the option to swap a record if you don’t like the record of the month, or you can pause your subscription for that particular month. I think I have only received one record with any kind of sleeve damage. The CS is top notch, and are great about sending replacements if something is wrong.

My only complaint is pressing quality. I would say about 50% of the records I have received have been warped. The replacements I have gotten have been better, but a couple of times I received 3 additional replacements and they were all bad. They are a branch of Dualtone Records, and those pressings seem to always be bad, no matter where you shop.

I would say give them a chance. I’ve been a big fan of the records they choose, and their up and coming artist feature is really good as well. Hope this helps!

Back