Look & Feel

Collectively we've chosen a style we liked from the ideas in this thread and @RenegadeMonster has made it. We've been spending lots of today testing how it effects functionality and tweaking accordingly. Once that's done we'll look to add a logo and then we'll release it. When we do we'll probably start a thread where we explain the story of how this forum came to be and how it's been put together. It's been such a crazy busy few days and we want to share with everyone what's happened in as much detail as possible.

Quick Q. Does the style have a font and look similar to old forum, because i never used it and prefer font here (is closer to “original style” i always used. Not that i cant adapt, but id do similar here if i can change style also.

Quick Q. Does the style have a font and look similar to old forum, because i never used it and prefer font here (is closer to “original style” i always used. Not that i cant adapt, but id do similar here if i can change style also.

We haven't changed the font. It will still be the same as the default skin.

Not an original thought (in fact I noticed only a couple of days ago on a record) but I like the idea of a treble clef being worked into an ampersand. It would give the idea that this is a music discussion place, not just vinyl.

Here's a couple of images I found on a quick google search but I'm sure some of the talented designers could make it their own:

clef_ampersand.jpg clef_ampersand2.png

Not an original thought (in fact I noticed only a couple of days ago on a record) but I like the idea of a treble clef being worked into an ampersand. It would give the idea that this is a music discussion place, not just vinyl.

Here's a couple of images I found on a quick google search but I'm sure some of the talented designers could make it their own:

View attachment 1110 View attachment 1111

second

Not sure if this is the right place to mention this but I just noticed the birthday announcements in the member area was gone. Is that just because there aren’t any today? I liked that bit of family knowledge if not, would love to see it restored.

Not sure if this is the right place to mention this but I just noticed the birthday announcements in the member area was gone. Is that just because there aren’t any today? I liked that bit of family knowledge if not, would love to see it restored.
It’s in a menu. I’m on my phone but when I click on Members and then see the lists of most posts or whatever there’s another menu button to click and a window open where there’s a link to today’s birthdays

I know it's just my opinion, but I think the new look would work better with less of that orange-y thing. I think it should be used as an accent for very specific elements, and let the rest with sleek black, whitec and grey. For instance, I think the lettering in the logo would work better if it was white, and maybe just highlight the thing icon in the middle in orange.

Just my two cents, tho. Def better than the old standard look.

Feedback time.

We rushed out two themes over the weekend. There is both a light and dark theme option available. Light is default, dark is user selectable.

Please look over the themes, find any issues and give feedback. We will evolve and incorporate as much as we can.

FYI. The notifications on hover feature was dropped by xenForo when they went to version 2.0 in 2017. As of yet there are no add ons / modifications to add this back. If this is something people feel strongly about we can look into making our selves, but it will take time.

Do you not have the Home tab on your screen?
View attachment 1234

I’m talking about on my iPhone. Next to the hamburger menu button at the top there was the XenForo logo, which I could tap to go directly to the home page. I can still do it, so it’s not a huge deal, it just takes me extra clicks

I'm preferring the light version at the moment because the dark version makes me feel like it's Halloween. I'm only looking at mobile. It looks slick as hell though!

Back