Look & Feel

Logo: Arya Stark holding Needle while she breakdances

th

I could probably take a quick stab at a logo at some point this weekend (I have a background in brand design, but not forum design lol). I guess what would be important would be figuring out the overall story / vibe of this forum and how it's different from VMP. Assuming we would want to lean away from their clean san-serif look.

Not sure how far you would be able to push the XenForo stuff. To be honest I think VMP did a pretty great job, considering the forum could have just looked like Hoffman level bad. Not sure how the web fonts work on it but they were using Gordita from Type Atelier which was also their main webfoot. Probably paying a license for it. Nothing wrong with Arial here IMO if you want to save funds for other stuff.

I don't know how hard this is to add, but I do miss the little "pop to the top of the page" arrow in the bottom right corner. I love threads that have this.

I would also be cool with a "donate to support the forum" permalink right at the top of the home page. It doesn't need to be plastered everywhere, but I think just on the home page would be appropriate. I'd love to keep this place ad free if we can. Sponsored partners coming in to do threads would be cool, but it would be awesome if we can keep display ads out.

*Edit - JK on the arrow. I saw that it pops up if you just scroll up one tick. That works just fine!

I don't know how hard this is to add, but I do miss the little "pop to the top of the page" arrow in the bottom right corner. I love threads that have this.

I would also be cool with a "donate to support the forum" permalink right at the top of the home page. It doesn't need to be plastered everywhere, but I think just on the home page would be appropriate. I'd love to keep this place ad free if we can. Sponsored partners coming in to do threads would be cool, but it would be awesome if we can keep display ads out.

*Edit - JK on the arrow. I saw that it pops up if you just scroll up one tick. That works just fine!
We have some ideas to generate the funds to keep the forum add free and running ;)

Back