Kanye

Haven't been following that closely, but it seems to me the only official announcement was the listening party, all the people expecting the album to drop after were essentially speculating right? The most official thing was the def jam post, but they kept editing that like they had no idea what was actually happening.
He still hasn't even said there is an album or one coming out, the new information is just a title and date.

Allegedly, a representative for Kanye West has said that the album will be released on August 6th.
Pitchfork article

I've read rumours that Kanye wanted to stay at the Atlanta concert hall to do final mixing etc, as the atmosphere there inspired him.

"In the meantime, West has reportedly set up camp at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium to finish work on the new album. TMZ reports the rapper has constructed a studio space and living quarters, and has even brought in a private chef to prepare his meals."

NME Article

seeing as its almost 1AM in atlanta and the album still hasn't dropped im pretty sure this is becoming vaporware (DONDA forever)

but apple music aparently is saying its 24 tracks and coming on monday (what the hell just release the fucking album)
E8FJPPWUcAMpnhn

also this features list scares me... not just because forced posthumous feature from someone he probably barely spoke to (the only connection to pop smoke was that one song off travis scotts label album). also 24 tracks, overly delayed-release, heavy features including an artist who everyone was hoping for a new album from (at least least year until he released it and it was a 6/10..), i feel like this is just going to be TLOP 2 with more jesus

seeing as its almost 1AM in atlanta and the album still hasn't dropped im pretty sure this is becoming vaporware (DONDA forever)

but apple music aparently is saying its 24 tracks and coming on monday (what the hell just release the fucking album)
E8FJPPWUcAMpnhn

also this features list scares me... not just because forced posthumous feature from someone he probably barely spoke to (the only connection to pop smoke was that one song off travis scotts label album). also 24 tracks, overly delayed-release, heavy features including an artist who everyone was hoping for a new album from (at least least year until he released it and it was a 6/10..), i feel like this is just going to be TLOP 2 with more jesus
Who does this refer to? “ including an artist who everyone was hoping for a new album from (at least least year until he released it and it was a 6/10..)”

Also, sign me up for TLOP 2! But hold the Jesus.

Btw people are saying the new version sounds better (Kanye legit just shouldn't have made that first deadline)

Also it's 24 tracks, jay electronics and the lox on the same song, and is probably 90 minutes long. And the church is still there but more introspective

So it could be great but I'm understandably cautious seeing as this is the longest and seemingly may ambitious since mbdtf

Btw people are saying the new version sounds better (Kanye legit just shouldn't have made that first deadline)

Also it's 24 tracks, jay electronics and the lox on the same song, and is probably 90 minutes long. And the church is still there but more introspective

So it could be great but I'm understandably cautious seeing as this is the longest and seemingly may ambitious since mbdtf
Did you watch it / catch any of the clips ? I mean it’s out there.

iTunes (remember that) has said since an hour or two before the event started that the it comes out the 9th and can be pretty ordered now.

idk why put it out on a Monday and have more attention. That sounds like the old Kanye

The album from what I heard is very good. The religious aspects feel more spiritual and less preachy, similar to how Sufjan Stevens, though very religious, doesn't let that aspect of his life overpower his music. But when it does, it's uplifting and you're like "I'M GONNA GO READ THE BIBLE NOW HELL YEAH"... anyways, looking forward to it after the last 2 album disappointments

Back