Joyful Noise VIPS / JNR-100

Hey y'all. I know this isn't strictly related to the JNR VIP sub, but I like to think we're all a community that has each other's backs when we can, so I'm posting anyway.

Some of you may already know who Jonathan Horne is, but for those who don't, he works for JNR...fairly recently, he also did a bit of an apprenticeship with Michael Dixon from PIAPTK to learn how to cut lathes, and if you have a recent JNR lathe cut record, chances are Jonathan cut it.

Jonathan just announced on his socials that he was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer in his hip, which has spread to his lungs as well. I will spare the full story here, but you can read more at his instagram post here.

He has set up a GoFundMe to help with the medical expenses, since he lives in a country that doesn't know how to take care of people who are sick. Figured I would share it here if anyone wants to help out. Jonathan is a great guy with a huge heart, and I hate to see him suffering like this to finish off such a shitty year.

Anyway, here's the gofundme: Jonathan Lee Horne Fund, organized by Jonathan Lee Horne

Hey y'all. I know this isn't strictly related to the JNR VIP sub, but I like to think we're all a community that has each other's backs when we can, so I'm posting anyway.

Some of you may already know who Jonathan Horne is, but for those who don't, he works for JNR...fairly recently, he also did a bit of an apprenticeship with Michael Dixon from PIAPTK to learn how to cut lathes, and if you have a recent JNR lathe cut record, chances are Jonathan cut it.

Jonathan just announced on his socials that he was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer in his hip, which has spread to his lungs as well. I will spare the full story here, but you can read more at his instagram post here.

He has set up a GoFundMe to help with the medical expenses, since he lives in a country that doesn't know how to take care of people who are sick. Figured I would share it here if anyone wants to help out. Jonathan is a great guy with a huge heart, and I hate to see him suffering like this to finish off such a shitty year.

Anyway, here's the gofundme: Jonathan Lee Horne Fund, organized by Jonathan Lee Horne
How absolutely awful :(

I just heard about his passing and am so sad! He was SUCH a delight to work with after I had a JNR problem, it was probably my best customer service experience ever. JNR has setup a memorial fund on his behalf if you feel so inclined.

I just heard about his passing and am so sad! He was SUCH a delight to work with after I had a JNR problem, it was probably my best customer service experience ever. JNR has setup a memorial fund on his behalf if you feel so inclined.

I made a donation to the fund. So sad. I feel awful for everyone in the JNR Family

1612901009725.png

We are very pleased to introduce you to the debut album from jess joy, titled PATREEARCHY.

Jess joy (formerly of Moon Honey) is a multimedia artist known for her immersive performance art experiences, and banshee-esque operatic vocals. As she transitioned into solo artistry, PATREEARCHY blossomed. Produced by Deerhoof's Greg Saunier, this new incarnation sees jess joy made new into a gossamer creature of mystery, of twinkling strings, and of dreams wrought in solar flares.

gossamer creature of mystery, of twinkling strings, and of dreams wrought in solar flares

After listening to the album this is a very good description, lol. It gives me vibes of what a collab between Bjork, Kate Bush and Jesca Hoop might sound like if they decided to "record a weird album for once"

Is anyone interested in that Jess Joy record that isn't already getting it through VIP?

It's not my thing - and will sell at cost if anyone wants it.

I haven't spun mine yet. A discogs user that seems to award 5 stars to every release, gave this one 4 stars. Now I'm kind of worried about this one :LOL:

Yeah, I could tell right away...

This is so incredibly accurate, and I'm not really a big fan of any of them 😂 :
It gives me vibes of what a collab between Bjork, Kate Bush and Jesca Hoop might sound like if they decided to "record a weird album for once"

1618934862640.png

Following up 2020's This Devastating Map, Jason Albertini has solidified and simplified the Helvetia sound with Essential Aliens. The character of the recordings are informed with warm fuzz and intimate room sounds. The songs are short blasts of psychedelic chill, unrooted by genre, a rummage around an alien radio dial.

The visual elements were inspired by a recurring dream in which Jason's life is turned upside-down by a ghostly force. The dreams culminate in Jason awaking convinced that he, too, is a ghost. The disguise he wears is inspired by a photograph of children dressed in Great Depression-era Halloween costumes. You can follow Jason's journey via the series of videos we'll be releasing in the coming months.

The VIP Edition is pressed on the unique vinyl color pictured below – which we're calling 'Cerulean Blue Inside Ectoplasm Clear' vinyl with yellow and white splatter – and is limited to 400 hand-numbered copies, including an exclusive bonus flexi-disc of the track "For Sam."

1623169638840.png

What a joy it is to say these words: A new SUUNS album is on the way!

Self-recorded and self-produced over the majority of 2020 – through a year of strife, solitude and reflection – The Witness finds the band holding a magnifying glass over their own default state of playing and performing. “There’s something interesting about the idea of a collective witness, being a witness to the time we’re living in now,” vocalist-guitarist Ben Shemie reflects. Though the world is becoming a more distorted, confusing place, The Witness extends a sonic lifeline to latch onto, one bolstered by years of friendship, chemistry and trust.

The VIP Edition is pressed on Black and Pink Pinwheel vinyl, and is limited to 500 hand-numbered copies, including an exclusive bonus flexi-disc of SUUNS cover of Colder's "Crazy Love." It's a record that's equal parts haunting and stunning...

1624391547979.png

Just what we needed amidst a year-plus of global pandemonium: A new album from Tropical Fuck Storm!

Most of us have lived some inner Tropical Fuck Storm over this past year and a half. Even for a band that’s made a career out of crafting songs attuned to political and social crisis, there was a new bleak in the air for Tropical Fuck Storm, what the band calls “give-a-fuck fatigue.” The third album from the avant-punk quad—aptly titled Deep States—mines familiar ground as well as new cultural terrains, while digging deeper into the subjective state of contemporary panic.

The VIP Edition of Deep States is pressed on the striking Yellow & Orange Moonphase vinyl pictured below and is limited to 500 hand-numbered copies, including an exclusive bonus flexi-disc of "Lose The Baby (Live)."

Back