Sleep Party People - Sleep Party People
Jess Joy - Patreearchy
Kishi Bashi - Emigrant EP
Suuns - The Witness
Helvetia - Essential Aliens
The Ophelias - Crocus
Tropical Fuck Storm - Deep States
Deerhoof - Actually, You Can

We were supposed to get 10, right? I think Cedric Noel "Hang Time" is one that is expected to ship in April. What is the other one for 2021?

The 2021 VIP series that I've received so are:

Jess Joy - Patreearchy
Suuns - The Witness
The Ophelias - Crocus

We were supposed to get 10, right? I think Cedric Noel "Hang Time" is one that is expected to ship in April. What is the other one for 2021?
I'll look through my JNR100 letters when I get home, they might mention which releases are still forthcoming in one of them

The 2021 VIP series that I've received so are:

Jess Joy - Patreearchy
Suuns - The Witness
The Ophelias - Crocus

Correct that Cedric is one of the two still to come. Mike Adams is the other.

Couldn't find a thread for the white label series, so I'm posting here.

I just received records 4 and 5 for 2021. With 1 more due for that year, Is it possible they skip 2022?

Couldn't find a thread for the white label series, so I'm posting here.

I just received records 4 and 5 for 2021. With 1 more due for that year, Is it possible they skip 2022?
I'm pretty sure I signed up for White Label Series for 2022, as an add-on to my 2022 VIP Early Bird subscription. So I don't think they're skipping 2022. In addition, I thought I saw a JNR post on Facebook hinting that there would be an Artist-In-Residence for 2022.

hey JNR VIPers, sorry to barge in here but wanted to check if any VIP subscribers would be able to help me out with the upcoming Tropical Fuck Storm and King Gizzard release if you aren't interested in it yourself.

I'm a huge fan of both bands but not sure how available it'll be, especially for non-subscribers. I completely understand if no one is able to help out with this, but if so I'd really, really appreciate it!

thanks!

hey JNR VIPers, sorry to barge in here but wanted to check if any VIP subscribers would be able to help me out with the upcoming Tropical Fuck Storm and King Gizzard release if you aren't interested in it yourself.

I'm a huge fan of both bands but not sure how available it'll be, especially for non-subscribers. I completely understand if no one is able to help out with this, but if so I'd really, really appreciate it!

thanks!

Yes, it says it will be automatically sent to Early Bird VIPs: "Satanic Slumber Party is being released digital-only on Monday, but we WILL be giving this album the VIP Edition treatment (with vinyl pre-orders opening in a few weeks). And yes, this release WILL be included in Early Bird memberships! More info on that soon. But for now, crank those speakers to 11 and bask in the sonic debauchery of the advance digital stream..."

BUT ... can't you just sign up for VIP for $5 for a month, and thus get "Access to Exclusive Limited Edition Vinyl"?

Shouldn't that be your best shot at getting the upcoming Tropical Fuck Storm and King Gizzard release (as long as you're online and quick on the trigger whenever the product page goes live in a few weeks)?

I'm not intending to discourage you from finding an Early Bird VIP who's not interested in either TFS or KGATLW; just giving you another idea to help cover all your bases.

Yes, it says it will be automatically sent to Early Bird VIPs: "Satanic Slumber Party is being released digital-only on Monday, but we WILL be giving this album the VIP Edition treatment (with vinyl pre-orders opening in a few weeks). And yes, this release WILL be included in Early Bird memberships! More info on that soon. But for now, crank those speakers to 11 and bask in the sonic debauchery of the advance digital stream..."

BUT ... can't you just sign up for VIP for $5 for a month, and thus get "Access to Exclusive Limited Edition Vinyl"?

Shouldn't that be your best shot at getting the upcoming Tropical Fuck Storm and King Gizzard release (as long as you're online and quick on the trigger whenever the product page goes live in a few weeks)?

I'm not intending to discourage you from finding an Early Bird VIP who's not interested in either TFS or KGATLW; just giving you another idea to help cover all your bases.
OH, for sure. I thought JNR VIP was a thing that you signed up for at the beginning of the year to get access to ask their records, I didn't know you can jump in and out.

I'll definitely try and do that. thank you so much for the tip!!!

@CraigVC, I'm all signed up. Thanks again!
If you miss the pre-order (because I'm sure it'll sell out quick, especially given the number of copies that'll be reserved for existing subscribers), lmk and I'll sell you mine. My JNR100 membership isn't really doing me any favors in my efforts to cut back, but I also know they operate on super tight margins so I feel bad ending my subscription

If you miss the pre-order (because I'm sure it'll sell out quick, especially given the number of copies that'll be reserved for existing subscribers), lmk and I'll sell you mine. My JNR100 membership isn't really doing me any favors in my efforts to cut back, but I also know they operate on super tight margins so I feel bad ending my subscription
awesome!! I'll definitely let you know. and if not myself I'm sure they'll be others in the Gizz thread who would be interested in your copy if you don't want it.. but since I paid for the VIP membership I'm going to try to land a copy on 3/22 when the pre-order drops because I'm sure it'll be a nice variant

awesome!! I'll definitely let you know. and if not myself I'm sure they'll be others in the Gizz thread who would be interested in your copy if you don't want it.. but since I paid for the VIP membership I'm going to try to land a copy on 3/22 when the pre-order drops because I'm sure it'll be a nice variant
And fun fact: the cover art was designed by Satomi from Deerhoof

Also, for those of you waiting for an Artist in Residence announcement, Karl just sent an email about it to the JNR100s so I'm guessing the public announcement is coming tomorrow, but here's the link which may or may not be live for VIPs: 2022 Artist In Residence | Joyful Noise Recordings | Joyful Noise Recordings

Has anyone had a hard time getting their orders filled from them lately?

I ordered a couple albums almost two months ago that still haven't shipped. They shipped a bonus lathe weeks ago but the USPS says the tracking info is wrong. And I can't get anything more than an automated reply to any of my emails over the last couple weeks.

Has anyone had a hard time getting their orders filled from them lately?

I ordered a couple albums almost two months ago that still haven't shipped. They shipped a bonus lathe weeks ago but the USPS says the tracking info is wrong. And I can't get anything more than an automated reply to any of my emails over the last couple weeks.
I'm not generally a member, but signed up for the VIP KGLW + TFS and received the bonus lathe from that order last weekPXL_20220601_191414994.jpg

I sense that they've been struggling since Jonathan Horne passed away and left a customer service void at JNR. They seem to be earnestly trying to regroup but grief is not as mundane as a switch to be flipped. A year and a half isn't so long for a beloved friend to be absent. Jonathan Lee Horne Memorial Music Fund

That JNR community disruption combined with the crazy backlog of vinyl manufacturing has combined to create a lot of bumps in what previously was a fairly reliable system for JNR.

Regarding the phantom USPS tracking numbers ... that's a weird quirk of the shipping/logistics service they're using, as best I can tell. I've corresponded a bit with Moose about it so there's growing awareness of the problem but not much resolution that I've seen yet. It seems that the shipping service fills in a fake tracking number when something is shipped without a tracking number. In my experience, it's been all of their lathe cut 7" singles.

If you're waiting on orders that are 100% for "back catalog" items (pre-2000) that you think must certainly already be on their shelves, I would reach out to JNR and ask if your order has slipped through the cracks.

If you combined pre-orders and back-catalog items, they may be waiting until everything is in-stock before shipping. They try to keep shipping updates for pre-orders predicted here: Shipping Updates | Joyful Noise Recordings . But they're still at the mercy of the pressing plants, which are at the mercy of supply chain issues for materials needed for pressing vinyl, etc.

It's a shit-show, and as with most endeavors in our capitalist world, those with the most money tend to be disrupted the least and can pay their way to the front of lines.

Back