Joyful Noise VIPS / JNR-100

Vebberim

Hey there, if you know me then you know I love this label. Joyful Noise has some delicious music being released and they celebrate by the people who are devoted. To those who just want first dibs, to the ones who will buy literally anything, the JNR subscriptions are one not to miss.

Info here: https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/pages/vip-membership

Two weeks away from the new Kishi Bashi album dropping! If anyone sees the VIP pop up on Joyful Noise/private stash again please let me know.

I'M SO EXCITED.

And if more copies pop up I'm guessing it'll be in next month's Private Stash, or maybe the month after. They only update the stash once a month, so at least you don't have to try to check every day

I'M SO EXCITED.

And if more copies pop up I'm guessing it'll be in next month's Private Stash, or maybe the month after. They only update the stash once a month, so at least you don't have to try to check every day
Good to know, thanks. I already had one good experience with JNR - I ordered 151a from the private stash and it had a seam split, sent them an email about it and they quickly shipped me off another with the same number.

Good to know, thanks. I already had one good experience with JNR - I ordered 151a from the private stash and it had a seam split, sent them an email about it and they quickly shipped me off another with the same number.

It's the first Friday of the month at 2:00 pm central time...so the more I think about it, I think it's more likely they'd show up in July's stash, since June 7 doesn't give them a lot of time to work out any replacements they might need to send to people.

Guilty pleasure! First of all, they don’t exist. Live your truth. Second of all, it’s forking brilliant.

It's a record, like Glass Animals' How to Be a Human Being, that I have a lot of fun listening to while simultaneously wondering whether it's actually good. But still I throw it on.

It's a record, like Glass Animals' How to Be a Human Being, that I have a lot of fun listening to while simultaneously wondering whether it's actually good. But still I throw it on.

idk, not related to JNR, and I know I'm in the super minority here, but I think that GA album is great! But to bring it back around to JNR, I also think Sonderlust is great, so maybe I'm just basic :)

idk, not related to JNR, and I know I'm in the super minority here, but I think that GA album is great! But to bring it back around to JNR, I also think Sonderlust is great, so maybe I'm just basic :)

Nah, not at all. I enjoy, and spin, both albums quite a bit, but I think the English major in me struggles with the lyrics and causes cognitive dissonance.

Nah, not at all. I enjoy, and spin, both albums quite a bit, but I think the English major in me struggles with the lyrics and causes cognitive dissonance.

Yeah, the lyrics get a bit silly at times, but I figure I can't really judge them given how much I like Sigur Ros. At least Glass Animals uses actual words!

Sonderlust was a real guilty pleasure of mine. Looking forward to this.

I've loved Kishi's music since I first heard Manchester on a pre-151a EP, but I haven't spun Sonderlust since the first time through. I thought it might work better for me live, but all of those songs ended up ruining his show for me. I didn't need him to keep replicating the orchestral indie rock he'd been doing, but I truly fucking hate disco.

Separately, I've been a bit underwhelmed by the JNR releases so far this year. I like the Eerie Wanda and Coughy, but I think that's about it.

Back