Joyful Noise VIPS / JNR-100

Has anyone been to the Kishi Bashi tour? Im seeing him tonight and wondered what kind of merch would be up for sale?

Has anyone been to the Kishi Bashi tour? Im seeing him tonight and wondered what kind of merch would be up for sale?

Went to the US leg and it was pretty standard. T-shirts, records/cds, pins, tour poster. Not sure what he brought with him across the Atlantic.

Greetings VIPs,

Consider yourselves the first to know: the legendary Swamp Dogg has a new album. It's called Sorry You Couldn't Make It. It is his so-called "country album", recorded in Nashville, featuring John Prine, Justin Vernon, Jenny Lewis, and others.

This is the album Swamp has been trying to make his entire career. While the 77 year-old's most enduring persona is of a psychedelic soul superhero—a musical vigilante upholding truths both personal and political since 1970’s immortal album, Total Destruction To Your Mind—he will tell anybody who will listen that he’s considered himself country this entire time. “If you notice I use a lot of horns,” Swamp says. “But actually, if you listen to my records before I start stacking shit on it, I’m country. I sound country.”

These are narratives about love, of missing the one you love, of compassion, family and friends, and even the kind of love that transcends death. Sorry You Couldn’t Make It sees Swamp come full circle, and closes what has felt to him like unfinished business.

We are honored JNR and our partners at Pioneer Works are able to give this legend a platform to realize this vision... It's a fucking magical album. Take a listen to the whole thing before we announce it publicly on Friday.

VIP exclusive version is limited to 400 hand-numbered copies on silver with black splatter vinyl. Features gatefold jacket with JNR VIP obi-strip. Includes Bonus 7" with 3 unreleased songs.

Greetings VIPs,

Consider yourselves the first to know: the legendary Swamp Dogg has a new album. It's called Sorry You Couldn't Make It. It is his so-called "country album", recorded in Nashville, featuring John Prine, Justin Vernon, Jenny Lewis, and others.

This is the album Swamp has been trying to make his entire career. While the 77 year-old's most enduring persona is of a psychedelic soul superhero—a musical vigilante upholding truths both personal and political since 1970’s immortal album, Total Destruction To Your Mind—he will tell anybody who will listen that he’s considered himself country this entire time. “If you notice I use a lot of horns,” Swamp says. “But actually, if you listen to my records before I start stacking shit on it, I’m country. I sound country.”

These are narratives about love, of missing the one you love, of compassion, family and friends, and even the kind of love that transcends death. Sorry You Couldn’t Make It sees Swamp come full circle, and closes what has felt to him like unfinished business.

We are honored JNR and our partners at Pioneer Works are able to give this legend a platform to realize this vision... It's a fucking magical album. Take a listen to the whole thing before we announce it publicly on Friday.

VIP exclusive version is limited to 400 hand-numbered copies on silver with black splatter vinyl. Features gatefold jacket with JNR VIP obi-strip. Includes Bonus 7" with 3 unreleased songs.

Also worth noting that if you have the early bird subscription, this is your February record so don't order it

Also worth noting that if you have the early bird subscription, this is your February record so don't order it

I like that they're announcing these early with the little *FEB in the top right. Two great picks to start 2020!

I like that they're announcing these early with the little *FEB in the top right. Two great picks to start 2020!

I like that too! But I definitely think they need to be clearer on their announcements when the early birds don't need to worry about placing an order. I don't think it's immediately clear (at least this early in the history of the sub) what the *Feb in the corner means, and not every VIP is gonna read a comment from Karl in a Facebook group.

I like that too! But I definitely think they need to be clearer on their announcements when the early birds don't need to worry about placing an order. I don't think it's immediately clear (at least this early in the history of the sub) what the *Feb in the corner means, and not every VIP is gonna read a comment from Karl in a Facebook group.

1st two recs look to be winners. Feeling good about Early Bird VIP in general.

It is a little unclear “What is included” on a couple gray areas. Just to stoke my FOMO I got knocked off the VIP list for a couple mths. After I bought the new annual Early Bird end of Sept I canceled my $5 monthly in October.

I figured the Early Bird payment would have me covered as a VIP in good standing. And, I didn’t want needlessly pay extra. $277 with shipping was a leap of faith. Even got a new welcome to VIP email. But, no I can not login as a VIP currently (until 1st of year). If I put a VIP item in my basket it tosses on the $5 extra to restart monthly. I emailed them just to confirm this is correct.

And, Technically this is correct since the VIP Early Bird starts in January but just on principle I wouldn’t have cancelled the monthly $5 if I had (1) knew for sure it would auto convert to annual at the start of the new year and (2) that I wouldn’t be able to login as VIP or get the VIP monthly email till Jan.

So I guess it would have been better if they had said “your monthly VIP will automatically convert to annual at the start of the new year”. Maybe it did and I missed it. And, I could have restarted it for $5 a mth for two mths but it just didn’t seem worth the effort or extra added cost.

Last edited:
Technically this is correct since the VIP Early Bird starts in January

I bet this is exactly what happened. On Dec 1 my JNR100 membership technically ended (since they account for it as 12 orders on the first of each month, and I had to email them to get my VIP login reactivated. Hopefully they can help you out, but yeah, there are a few areas where the backend of their subscription system leaves something to be desired.

Announcing the second LP from the enigmatic Magic Sword, Endless!

For the uninitiated, Magic Sword might seem like a conceptual quagmire. But we assure you, their universe (or, multiverse as they would say) is rich with lore and next-level artistry.

Comprised of three inter-dimensional / interplanetary beings–The Keeper (keyboards), The Seer (guitar) and The Weaver (drums)–Magic Sword encompasses graphic novels, soundtracks and live performances. Armed with a musical and visual aesthetic that has its roots unabashedly buried deep in the golden era of ‘70s and ‘80s fantasy and sci-fi, the trio have helped give rise to the emerging "retrowave" and "synthwave" movements.

Their second full-length album, Endless, is a 50 minute 11-song album of instrumental epics. Released on the heels of 2019's 30-minute EP Awakening, Endless chronicles the trio of Immortals as they lead the charge against evil in the ongoing Magic Sword multiverse. On March 27, the multiverse will align to bring the people of the land together for the birth of their album, followed by a tour of the realm searching for the greater good. Or so we're told.

The VIP Edition is limited to 400 hand-numbered copies on the badass Empress Blue & Black Galactic Swirl vinyl with Red splatter (pictured below), and comes with 10"x6" Comic Book.
First single, "Depths of Power" is streaming and out now!
https://lnk.to/DepthsofPower

VIP exclusive version is limited to 400 hand-numbered copies on cyan & black galactic swirl with red splatter vinyl. Comes with a 10"x6" Comic Book.

Announcing the second LP from the enigmatic Magic Sword, Endless!

For the uninitiated, Magic Sword might seem like a conceptual quagmire. But we assure you, their universe (or, multiverse as they would say) is rich with lore and next-level artistry.

Comprised of three inter-dimensional / interplanetary beings–The Keeper (keyboards), The Seer (guitar) and The Weaver (drums)–Magic Sword encompasses graphic novels, soundtracks and live performances. Armed with a musical and visual aesthetic that has its roots unabashedly buried deep in the golden era of ‘70s and ‘80s fantasy and sci-fi, the trio have helped give rise to the emerging "retrowave" and "synthwave" movements.

Their second full-length album, Endless, is a 50 minute 11-song album of instrumental epics. Released on the heels of 2019's 30-minute EP Awakening, Endless chronicles the trio of Immortals as they lead the charge against evil in the ongoing Magic Sword multiverse. On March 27, the multiverse will align to bring the people of the land together for the birth of their album, followed by a tour of the realm searching for the greater good. Or so we're told.

The VIP Edition is limited to 400 hand-numbered copies on the badass Empress Blue & Black Galactic Swirl vinyl with Red splatter (pictured below), and comes with 10"x6" Comic Book.
First single, "Depths of Power" is streaming and out now!
https://lnk.to/DepthsofPower

VIP exclusive version is limited to 400 hand-numbered copies on cyan & black galactic swirl with red splatter vinyl. Comes with a 10"x6" Comic Book.

Vinyl looks awesome. I won't know what's going on with the comic book though, since there are apparently four or five chapters preceding this one.

0B3EA25B-6E64-4696-AF22-5532F7639294.jpeg

Spun the 1st side of this last night. Looks great. Sounded good. Solid start.

Came with some VIP info, the extra JNR 2020 vinyl, flexi 7”, & 45adapter. Haven’t looked extras over to closely yet.

All was packed well to arrive undamaged. A good start. So far still feeling good about the Earlybird VIP.

39F50095-FB0E-4315-B9A5-3EC7B09656B4.jpeg

2019 Artist in Residence box just arrived. Haven’t spun the vinyl yet. Still trying to decide about the display box. For sure “handmade”. The original blurb was “Unique artisanal”. 🤔

Got this notice on Friday.

Born from the junction of Eerie Wanda’s Marina Tadic and Dumb Numbers’ Adam Harding. Kidbug make self-described "cuddlebug sludge”, the harmoniously spiky offspring of Harding’s fuzzy guitar grunge-gaze and Tadic’s dreamy left field pop.

Kidbug’s roots stretch back to our now infamous label Holiday Party of 2018. Each year Joyful Noise invites all our artists into town to celebrate the holidays, and this particular year our Australian transplant Adam Harding was introduced to the Netherlands-based newbie to the roster, Marina Tadic. And, well, if love at first sight is a real thing, these two experienced it... These two incredibly special people from opposite sides of the planet instantly and simultaneously became both romantic partners and musical collaborators. Kidbug was formed.

Enlisting friends Thor Harris (Swans, Thor & Friends), Bobb Bruno (Best Coast), and Dale Crover (Melvins, duh), the group has emerged fully-formed with their self-titled debut. Fans of My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Pixies, Pavement, Sonic Youth, or Stereolab will not be disappointed.

The debut self-titled album is out May 22, 2020. The VIP edition is limited to 350 hand-numbered copies, pressed to Neon Violet & Neon Magenta A-side / B-side Swirl vinyl, and includes bonus Flexi-Disc of an unreleased 'Acoustical' track.

As a VIP, you can now stream the entire album in advance, before the rest of the world knows this exists.

View attachment 33174

2019 Artist in Residence box just arrived. Haven’t spun the vinyl yet. Still trying to decide about the display box. For sure “handmade”. The original blurb was “Unique artisanal”. 🤔

The box is cool looking, but I really wish they'd at least required that Thor build something that wouldn't fall apart in shipping. Mine showed up and was completely broken apart, and I'm hearing that's a common occurrence...it's a bummer because I was hoping to sell the box set to partially recoup my JNR100 fees, but that'll be tough now

Back