Jimi Hendrix - The Authorized Hendrix Family Edition (vinyl pressings)

So I now have the Marino cut of Electric Ladyland and now the box set with BG.
Right out of the gate the BG sounds really awesome.

Need to go back and spin the Marino later this weekend.

So I now have the Marino cut of Electric Ladyland and now the box set with BG.
Right out of the gate the BG sounds really awesome.

Need to go back and spin the Marino later this weekend.

I would love to get a rip of that Making Of Electric Ladyland doc from the box if you happen to have a way.

ELL GM cut is a nice NY strip. A little bit missing flavor and somewhat chewy texture. Great steak for those wanting a bottle of good wine and great dinner on Saturday night. Saltgrass

ELL BG cut is a T- bone perfectly seared and served at Ruth's Chris. It's on another level of quality, tenderness and complexity.

ELL GM cut is a nice NY strip. A little bit missing flavor and somewhat chewy texture. Great steak for those wanting a bottle of good wine and great dinner on Saturday night. Saltgrass

ELL BG cut is a T- bone perfectly seared and served at Ruth's Chris. It's on another level of quality, tenderness and complexity.
Is the ELL BG only in the box set?

Yea I’m not interested in the extras much! I’ll listen to them once
I think a lot of people are saying the same and have held out. No idea if it gets a separate release.

I personally think the family won't release another separate BG cut unless it is some kind of UHQR since the GM is already in full production. Just wouldn't make sense otherwise. But new releases happen every day and nobody really knows.

If it somehow pops back up in stock at target before midnight…

I have a feeling it will still be around whenever the next sale is.. It comes and goes every sale the last few years which I know because I go back and forth every time but never can quite pull the trigger haha

Mostly because I heard all the extras and honestly like you said they're not something i'll listen to realistically more then 1-2 times for the rest of my life. The early takes were kind of a cool l 1 time listen but the concert is subpar quality and underwhelming imo from the FLAC files I heard and i've read the same about the actual vinyl as well.

Saying that...... I still badly want that lustrous BG version of the main album and it's frustrating this is the only way to get it other then dropping 100+ on the UHQR. I wish I could justify the extras more to make it worth it but i'll probably end up grabbing it if nothing happens on the BG standalone version since it's been 4-5 years now with nothing.

I would love to get a rip of that Making Of Electric Ladyland doc from the box if you happen to have a way.

I was curious to hear the 5.1 version of the album on the same disc so I just noticed the place I grabbed that also had that doc as 2 300mb MPG's so I went ahead and grabbed them for you and uploading right now.. I'll throw you a PM with the links! If anyone else wants it you're more then welcome to message me as well.

Back